She earned a journalism degree from California State University, Fresno in 1970.
She is the Director of Multimedia Communications at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.
She co-hosted Evening Magazine which aired on San Francisco's KPIX (Channel 5) from 1976 to 1991. She is a co-executive producer of Pacific Fusion, a television magazine program featuring Asian American lifestyle, which airs on KRON, and host of HGTV's Appraise It! She has also hosted the documentary Forced Out on the Japanese American experience during World War II.
Other business and community activities
She is the President of Jan Yanehiro, Inc., a Partner of Fair Advantage, the Director of the Bank of Marin, a Board Member or Kristi Yamaguchi's Always Dream Foundation, a Board Member of the Center for the Pacific Rim at the University of San Francisco, a Board Member of the National Board of Visitors at California State University, Fresno, and a Member of the Asian American Journalists Association, National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
She has received several Emmys for her work, received the Eleanor Roosevelt Humanitarian Award from the United Nations of San Francisco, was inducted into the Academy of Television and Radio Hall of Fame in New York City, was a Silver Circle Inductee of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences in 2003, was recognized as a Woman of Distinction by the Girl Scouts of the United States of America, and honored as an Outstanding Alumnus by California State University, Fresno.
- Jan Yanehiro - Media and Marketing Strategic Planner
- BROADCAST PIONEER: JAN YANEHIRO
- Steve Walker and Jan Yanehiro
- Staff (September 8, 1986). "A Survivor Celebrates 'Evening Magazine'". San Jose Mercury News.
- Nakao, Annie (November 7, 2004). "Spotlight on Bay Area's Asian Americans: 'Pacific Fusion' profiles life and lifestyles in weekly 30-minute show on KRON". San Francisco Chronicle (Hearst Communications Inc.).
|This biographical article related to television journalism in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|