5 September 1945 |
Lodhawara, Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
In May 2009 he took charge from Veerappa Moily as Manager of Media Department of Congress in addition to serving as the party General Secretary, which he is no more.
On 6 June 2011, during a press conference in Delhi he criticized Swami Ramdev and the Bharatiya Janata Party. Dwivedi had a shoe thrown at his face as an insult by Sunil Kumar, who claimed to be a journalist from Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan state.
Stand on reservation
On 4 February 2014, he urged congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi to reconsider the party's stand on caste based reservations in India.He said that caste based reservation should end and urged all the financially backward class to get the benefit irrespective of caste. However, congress party separated from Dwivedi's view saying that it was his personal view and not the party's. Congress president Sonia Gandhi later clarified the party's stand and said that Caste based reservations should continue for SCs, STs and OBCs.
- Shri Janardan Dwivedi. Delhiassembly.nic.in (5 September 1945). Retrieved on 15 June 2014.
- Sonia has surgery abroad, Rahul in caretaker team. Business Standard. New Delhi. 5 August 2011
- "Shoe attack bid shows desperation in RSS, BJP: Congress". Hindustan Times. 6 June 2011. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Senior Congress leader Janardan Dwivedi wants end to reservation on caste lines – The Times of India. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (4 February 2014). Retrieved on 15 June 2014.
- Caste-based reservations must continue, Sonia Gandhi says – The Times of India. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (5 February 2014). Retrieved on 15 June 2014.