|Directed by||Feroz Khan|
|Produced by||Rajpal Narula
|Written by||Feroz Khan
Kamlesh Pandey (dialogue)
|Screenplay by||Shairaz Ahmed|
|Story by||Suparn Verma|
|Music by||Anand Raj Anand
|Release dates||November 28, 2003|
|Running time||161 minutes|
Janasheen(Heir) is a 2003 Hindi-language film. It was directed by Feroz Khan who stars along with his son, Fardeen Khan, and Celina Jaitley. It was first planned to shoot part of the film in Afghanistan.
Lucky Kapoor (Fardeen Khan) lives in Australia and has no interest in taking over his father Virendra Kapoor's (Harsh Chhaya) business in India. Meanwhile Saba Karim Khan (Feroz Khan) has a great interest in the property, but Mr. Kapoor has no interest in selling him the business. Khan thus has Mr. Kapoor killed, making it look like an accident. Jessica Periera (Celina Jaitley), a childhood sweetheart of Lucky, has proof that Mr. Kapoor's death was not an accident—but she keeps it to herself. When Karim Khan meets with Lucky to renegotiate, he finds that Lucky is willing to sell—but he also discovers that Lucky bears a striking resemblance to his own dead son. Although Karim Khan will do anything to make Lucky heir to his own wealth and properties, Lucky remains unwilling.
- Fardeen Khan – Lucky Kapoor
- Celina Jaitley – Jessica Periera
- Feroz Khan – Saba Karim Shah
- Harsh Chhaya – Virendra Kapoor
- Yash Tonk- Max Periera
- Kashmira Shah- Tina
- Mangal Dhillon – Jaichand
Janasheen was released on November 28, 2003, the same day as the hit Shah Rukh Khan-starrer, Kal Ho Naa Ho. Despite a good opening week, the film fell in the second week but was a hit in UP-Delhi, Nizam and Mumbai territories while was break even in other areas. Feroz Khan won some awards for his negative role.
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role - Feroz Khan
- IIFA Award for Best Picture - Feroz Khan
- IIFA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role - Yash Tonk
- IIFA Award for Best Story - Feroz Khan
- Feroz Khan to shoot Janasheen in Afghanistan, December 29, 2001.