Janathipathiya Samrakshana Samithy
|Janathipathiya Samrakshana Samithy|
|Secretary-General||K.R. Gowri Amma|
|Headquarters||Kerala State Committee Office,Iron Bridge P.O.,Alleppey-688011, Kerala.|
|Alliance||United Democratic Front|
|Politics of India
Janathipathiya Samrakshana Samithy (Association for Defence of Democracy) is a political party in the Indian state of Kerala. The party was formed in 1994 when the CPI(M) leader K.R. Gowri Amma was expelled from Communist Party of India (Marxist). She is the widow of the Communist Party of India leader T.V. Thomas.
JSS is a member of the United Democratic Front, the alliance in Kerala led by the Congress (I). JSS won four seats in the 2001 Legislative Assembly election in Kerala (the party had launched candidates in five constituencies). K.R. Gowri Amma, elected from the Aroor constituency, was the Minister for Agriculture in the A.K. Antony state government.
K.R. Gowri Amma is the General Secretary of the party.
- JSS (Gouri) - led by K.R. Gowri Amma
- JSS (Rajanbabu) - led by A.N. Rajanbabu and K. K. Shaju
- JSS (Sathyajith) - led by Adv. V. H. Sathyajith
- Janadhipathiya Mahila samithy (JMS)
- Janathipathiya Yuvajana Samithy (JYS)
- Janathipathiya Trade Union Centre (JTUC)
- Janathipathiya Karshaka Samithy (JKS)
- kerala Karshaka Thozhilaly Union (KKTU)
- Federation Of Democratic Employees And Teachers Organization (FDETO)
- Janathipathya Abhibhashaka Samithi (JAS)
- K.R. Gouri Amma's page at the official site of Kerala government 
- K.R. Gouri Amma's page at Kerala Legislative Assembly site 
- Election Result Aroor