- For the Arkansas politician, see Jane English (Arkansas politician)
Jane English (was born 1942 in Boston, Massachusetts) is a philosopher, physicist, photographer, journalist and translator.
English received her B.A. in Physics from Mount Holyoke College in 1964 and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin–Madison for her work in high energy particle physics. She taught courses in Oriental thought and modern physics at Colorado College.
English is known for her collaborative translation of the Tao Te Ching of Lao Tsu which she illustrated through photography, in collaboration with her spouse Gia-Fu Feng.
- Lao Tsu - Tao Te Ching in collaboration with Gia-Fu Feng (Random House 1972 and 2011)
- Chung Tsu - Inner Chapters in collaboration with Gia-Fu Feng (Random House 1974, Earth Heart 1997, Amber Lotus 2000)
- Different Doorway: Adventures of a Caesarean Born" (Earth Heart 1985)
- Illustrated "Waterchild" (Hunter House, 1980). Jane's photographs of nature and Judith Bolinger's poems of pregnancy.
- Photographic illustration of "Accept This Gift," "A Gift of Peace," and "A Gift of Healing" (Tarcher 1983, 1986, 1988), edited by Frances Vaughan and Roger Walsh
- "Childlessness Transformed" (Earth Heart 1989)
- "Mount Shasta: Where Heaven and Earth Meet," (Earth Heart 1995) with Jenny Coyle
- "Fingers Pointing to the Moon," (Earth Heart 1999)
- "Mount Shasta Reflections," (Amber Lotus 2002) with Renee Casterline
- "Mount Shasta's Black Butte," (Earth Heart 2002) with Bonnie Eddy
- co-edited "Our Mountain Trips" (Bondcliff Books 2005 and 2007)
- Numerous calendars: Tao - 1991 to present, Mt Shasta - 1990 to 2011, IceWisdom 2011 to present