July 13, 1951
|Pen name||Ann Paris|
|Notable work(s)||Gregor Demarkian series|
Haddam was born in Bethel, Connecticut and now lives in Watertown. She was married to mystery writer William L. DeAndrea until his death in 1996. Their son, Matt DeAndrea, is also a writer.
Haddam has worked as a teacher at the college level and as a magazine editor. She is best known for her series of books featuring Gregor Demarkian, a former FBI agent. She has also written a number of murder mysteries under her real name Orania Papazoglou featuring the romance author Patience McKenna.
- Sanctity (1986)
- Sweet, Savage Death (1984)
- Wicked, Loving Murder (1985)
- Death's Savage Passion (1986)
- Rich, Radiant Slaughter (1988)
- Once And Always Murder (1990)
- Not a Creature Was Stirring (1990)
- Precious Blood (1991)
- Act of Darkness (1991)
- Quoth the Raven (1991)
- A Great Day for the Deadly (1992)
- A Feast of Murder (1992)
- A Stillness in Bethlehem (1993)
- Murder Superior (1993)
- Charisma (1993)
- Dear Old Dead (1994)
- Festival of Deaths (1994)
- Bleeding Hearts (1995)
- Fountain of Death (1995)
- Baptism in Blood (1996)
- Deadly Beloved (1997)
- And One to Die on (1997)
- Skeleton Key (2000)
- True Believers (2001)
- Somebody Else's Music (2002)
- Conspiracy Theory (2003)
- The Headmaster's Wife (2005)
- Hardscrabble Road (2006)
- Glass Houses (2007)
- Cheating at Solitaire (2008)
- Living Witness (2009)
- Wanting Sheila Dead (2010)
- Flowering Judas (2011)
- Blood in the Water (2012)
- Hearts of Sand (2013)
- Fighting Chance (2014)
Haddam was nominated for an Edgar Award in the "Best First Mystery Novel by an American Author" category for her novel Sweet, Savage Death in 1985. Her novel Not a Creature Was Stirring also received an Edgar nomination, this time for "Best Paperback Original"; it was also nominated for the 1991 Anthony Award in the same category.
- "Jane Haddam, Mystery Novels, Authors, and their Characters". Blue Dahlia Mysteries. Retrieved March 27, 2012.
- Haddam, Jane (September 4, 2000). "The Official Jane Haddam Web Site - Biography". Janehaddam.com. Retrieved March 27, 2012.
- Pace, Eric (June 30, 1991). "What Evil Lurks in Connecticut? The Novelists Know". New York Times. Retrieved March 27, 2012.
- Jordan, Jon (December 9, 1999). "Mystery One Bookstore - Interview with Jane Haddam". Mysteryone.com. Retrieved March 27, 2012.
- "Best First Mystery Novel by an American Author Edgar Award Winners and Nominees - Complete Lists". Mysterynet.com. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- "Best Paperback Original Mystery Novel Edgar Award Winners and Nominees - Complete Lists". Mysterynet.com. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- "Bouchercon World Mystery Convention : Anthony Awards Nominees". Bouchercon.info. 2003-10-02. Retrieved 2012-03-27.