Jane Jensen (musician)
Jane Jensen (born December 9, 1970) studied art, dance, music and theatre at Columbia College Chicago. She began performing in avant-garde productions at the Organic Theatre Company, Pavo Arts Center and various performance art venues and nightclubs. Jane co-produced three episodes of “Artists Uncensored Television” with Eden H. Roemer that featured her own work as well as other Chicago area artists including Jim Marcus, Jon Schnepp, and Erika W. Brown.
Jensen was a dormitory room neighbor to comic book artist Alex Ross, and was a photographic model for some of his characters. From 1991-1995, Jensen recorded under the names Eve, LadyVox, X-Venus and then as Oxygiene 23 with Die Warzau producing.
In 1992, Jensen moved to New York to join the Isadora Duncan Dance Group at the American Academy of the Arts in Tribeca. In 1995, Jensen starred as Juliet in Troma Entertainment’s Tromeo & Juliet, written and directed by James Gunn and Lloyd Kaufman.
In 1997, Jensen released an electronic rock CD titled Comic Book Whore, that featured her caricature art and was released by Flip/Interscope Records. She toured the US and Australia as a musician and caricature artist. Band members included music producer Craig Kafton and Siouxsie and the Banshees guitarist John Valentine Carruthers.
In 2000, Jensen toured and recorded with the all-girl spunk band The Dolls with Sandy Brockwell, Cat Oberg, Emily Barracano, Dawn McGrath, Kate Skater and Vanessa Johnson. The Dolls performed regularly for Troma Entertainment and independent film festivals.
Jensen had a recurring role in USA network’s The Big Apple in 2001.
In 2003, Jensen released another solo album titled Burner on her own label Autozen Music. Produced by Craig Kafton and Martin Bisi, this release won best alternative album from the largest independent music awards, Just Plain Folks in 2004. Burner was followed in 2007 by My Rockabye, which was recognized by Unisong for excellence in songwriting.
Her song "Luv Song" was used in the season two episode of The Good Wife titled "Cleaning House" in the scene where Kalinda vandalizes Blake's car.
- Comic Book Whore (Interscope, Ichibon, Flip 1997)
- Burner (Autozen 2003)
- My Rockabye (Autozen, Indie 500 Records 2007)
- The Privateer, Part 1 (EP Autozen 2008)
- With Oxygiene 23
- Blue (Invisible Records, Fifth Column Records, 1995)
- "Get Up And Shout" (Triple R Records 2009)
- "Work Free" (Autozen 2010)
- Original Soundtrack - Tromeo & Juliet: "Monster Island" (Oglio Records 1997)
- Original Score - The Crow: Salvation [Score] (Love Theme, Koch Records 2000)
- Original Soundtrack - Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV: "Rock That", "Burner"
- Original Soundtrack - SLiTHER: "Fast Girl USA" & "Saturday Night" (Bulletproof Records 2007) 
- New York Underground (Dragonya Records Germany 1995)
- The Dolls Rock (EP unreleased)
- "December 2008". Gene Ha. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
- [dead link]
- "Indie500 Records". Indie500 Records. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
- "Chaos Control Digizine - music interviews, news, and more!". Chaoscontrol.com. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
- Mahan, Michael,C. "Sonic Reviews", Industrial Nation #15
- C, Nick. "Exploratory Surgery" B-Side #51 July / August 1995
- Colon, Suzane "Exposure", Spin Magazine June, 1997, 36
- Benson, Leslie "Alternative Routes", NUVO July 18–25, 2007 14
- Witzman, Liz "Woman In Art, Super Sonic Cheeka", Cover Magazine Vol. 11 #3, 41
- Drake, Jeffrey "Jane His Wife", Pitch Weekly March 6, 1997, 36
- "Feel the Burn With Jane Jensen and the Dolls", Jersey Style February 2001, 45