Oineza at ASAP Studio 10 in 2013
|Born||Elizabeth Jane Urbano Oineza
July 22, 1996
Bani, Ilocos, Philippines
|Occupation||Actress, Model, Singer|
|Agent||Star Magic (2001–present)|
2012 Manika, nominated (International)
Elizabeth Jane Urbano Oineza (better known as Jane Oineza, born on July 22, 1996) is a Filipina actress. Acknowledged as a child star through Goin' Bulilit and Kung Fu Kids, she held recurring roles in Maria la del Barrio, Oka2kat and Muling Buksan Ang Puso. Gaining relativity locally during her stint in the popular reality show Pinoy Big Brother: All In as the Third Big Placer, she also received recognition overseas with a New York Festivals World’s Best Actress certificate and International Emmy nomination for Manika.
Jane Oineza was born in the town of Bani, Pangasinan. She lived with her parents along the Ilocos region until she was scouted to join the entertainment industry. The oldest among three siblings, she is bilingual, fluent in Tagalog, English, and with some proficiency in Ilokano. Her father, Erwin, was a businessman of Ilocandia ancestry situated in northern Luzon, and her mother, Jenn (née Urbano), held a succession of office jobs. They both resigned from their lines of work to assist their daughters’ career and moved from the provinces to reside in Pasig and later Quezon City. As a result of insufficient funds when she did not receive acting opportunities, her family lived off financially unstable. Due to career, she has also been homeschooled since age five, intermittently following a home-study program under Living Heritage Academy. Until now, Oineza is acknowledged as the breadwinner of her household, with her mother recognizing her daughter's efforts in an interview: “very dedicated in everything she does”.
2001–2008: Career beginnings
In 2001, Oineza's career started as a child model in over twenty television commercials for various product brands. After a well-acknowledged shampoo commercial appearance, a talent manager urged Oineza, who was four years old at the time, to venture into acting. She made her television debut in the primetime drama Sa Dulo Ng Walang Hanggan (2001–2003). In 2002, she had her first film role as a Powerpuff Girl in Bakit Papa?, headlined by the SexBomb Girls from their hit song with the same name. Oineza then joined the cast of Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas (2003–2004) playing the role of young Ara to Kristine Hermosa, and Marina (2004) as young Marina to Claudine Barretto. In 2005, Oineza came to prominence as a child star on popular kiddie gag show, Goin' Bulilit (2005–2008) as herself. After graduating from said show after three years, she joined the cast of the live-action fantasy series Kung Fu Kids (2008) as Moira, one of seven kids holding different personalities to be united by a prophecy. The show became the most-watched program in urban Philippines in early 2008 according to NUTAM, with 37.1%.
2008–2013: Supporting roles
Since then, Jane has been a staple of local soap operas, appearing in Ligaw na Bulaklak (2008), Shout Out! (2010), Maria la del Barrio (2011), Oka Tokat (2012), and featured multiple guestings on drama anthology series Maalaala Mo Kaya and Wansapanataym. During this time period, she obtained more challenging roles. In the midst of drama portryals, Oineza materialized on the big screen with her first indie short in Sampalataya for Philippine's 2009 Urban Mediamakers Film Festival Entry as Mayumi, a blind girl who dreams in colors but sees everything in black and white. She returned to co-starring in Star Cinema-produced movies, namely Miss You Like Crazy (2010), I Do (2010) and psychological horror film Amorosa (2012). Oineza then participated in the period indie, Bayaning Pepe, a film under the direction of Carlos Morales, encompassing a story traced back into the younger years of National Hero Jose Rizal. She played the infamous Leonor Rivera, Rizal's "lover by correspondence".
In 2013, Oineza gained international recognition for her controversial role in Maalaala Mo Kaya’s Manika (lit. Doll) (2012); with a Finalist Certificate for Best Performance by an Actress at the prestigious New York Festivals, nominee for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Single Drama nomination at the Golden Screen Awards, and cast of Best Drama nomination at the International Emmy Awards. Noted to be her first-starring role on TV, Oineza plays Nene, a girl raped by her stepfather, witnesses her mother succumb to drug addiction and escapes to a convent. Doll broke barriers as one of the most-talked about episodes of the MMK series, reaching a 40% national viewer rating via Kantar Media/TNS. Later that year, she was relaunched as part of Star Magic 2013. Oineza was then cast in Muling Buksan Ang Puso, and played a psychopathic character urged to kill the main character's sister in the action series Juan dela Cruz. Separately, she appeared in another Maalaala Mo Kaya episode entitled Bimpo where she played a young woman with cerebral palsy. Her portrayal garnered her a second nod for Best Single Performance by an Actress at the 27th PMPC Star Awards for Television alongside acclaimed veteran Nora Aunor.
2014–: Pinoy Big Brother and Rise To Stardom
In 2014, Jane joined Pinoy Big Brother: All In as a celebrity housemate. Considered to be one of the most controversial housemates of the season, she gained media relevance and viewer attention from her stay inside the house. After 120 days, she was named 3rd Big Placer on the show. Said to be groomed as ABS-CBN's next leading lady, she will lead in the upcoming primetime teleserye Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita?. This will be her first ever teleserye in a starring role. The said series will replace Miss Ripley in the fourth quarter of 2014.
|2012||24/7 in Love||Bambi||
|Miss You Like Crazy (film)||Magdalena Samonte|
|Bahay Kubo: A Pinoy Mano Po!||Young Rose||
|Year||Awards & Recognitions||Award Giving Body||Result||Ref|
|2014||3rd Big Placer||Pinoy Big Brother All In||Won|
|2013||Best Drama (Manika)||41st International Emmys||Nominated|||
|Best Performance by an Actress (Manika)||New York Festivals Awards - International TV & Film||Won|||
|Best Performance by an Actress (Manika)||26th PMPC Star Awards||Nominated|||
|Philippine's Hottest 20 Stars Under 20||Starmometer||Included:#8|
|Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Single Drama (Manika)||10th Golden Screen Awards||Nominated|||
|Best Single Performance by an Actress (Bimpo)||27th PMPC Star Awards||Nominated|||
|2012||PEP's Bets for Stardom in 2013||Philippine Entertainment Portal||Included:#12|||
- Valeza, Karen (11 June 2013). "Jane Oineza: Good-bye to child star roles?". Yahoo! Southeast Asia Newsroom (Yahoo Philippines Celebrity). Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- . Bum Endorsers. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- Roman Catholic Jane Oineza Twitter.
- "Star Magic Talent: Jane Oineza". Star Magic Philippines. Star Magic. 2010. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "New York Festivals - 2013 World’s Best Television & Film". New York Festivals. NYF International Awards Group LLC. 2014. Retrieved 22 December.
- Nakakaproud naman! Ilokana ka mut gaya! Ijay ka banda ngay manang?” - taga bani, pangasinan kami! Jane Oineza Twitter.
- Oineza, Jane (6 June 2013). "Ilokano status". Jane Oineza Official Twitter. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- Lacuata, Rose (5 May 2014). "PBB All In: Jane Oineza shares past as child actress". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- Ciar, Troy (13 May 2014). "Jane Oineza: Mother knows best". SuperBalita Cebu: Kalingawan (Sunstar). Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "Housemates receive their first punishment". Star Cinema. 5 May 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Jane Oineza, tapos na ang paghihirap". Online Balita. Balita News Philippines. 2014. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- "“Jane Oineza: From Commercial Model to Popular Child Actress"". Manila Bulletin (Manila Bulletin Publishing Corp.). Retrieved 8 August 2008.
- Almo, Nerisa (28 January 2008). "“Kung Fu Kids” kicks of January 28 on ABS-CBN". PEP.ph TV Guide (Philippine Entertainment Portal). Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- Kung Fu Kids rule NUTAM/TV Ratings Feb 4 to 7
- Dumaual, Miguel (9 March 2013). "Meet the 12 new faces of Star Magic". ABS-CBN Interactive. ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2014.
- "'Ghost' haunted 'Amorosa' shooting?". ABS-CBN Interactive. ABS-CBN News. 29 October 2012. Retrieved 2014.
- http://aliwanavenue.com/2012/08/08/bayaning-pepe-premieres-august-17-sm-manila-cinema-9/ ‘BAYANING PEPE’ PREMIERES AUGUST 17 @ SM MANILA CINEMA 9!
- "Philippines wins Gold, Silver, and Bronze World Medals at New York Festivals". Philippine Entertainment Portal. 11 April 2013. Retrieved 2014.
- "2013 Golden Screen TV Awards nominees bared". PEP.ph. 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Maalaala Mo Kaya nominated in drama category of 41st International Emmy Awards". Philippine Entertainment Portal. 2013. Retrieved 2014.
- "JANE OINEZA, HAPPY WITH THE GO-SIGNAL OF HER CONTROVERSIAL “MMK” EPISODE". ABS-CBN Social Media Newsroom. ABS-CBN 2014. 29 October 2012. Retrieved 2014.
- "The Much-Talked About 'MMK' Episode Last Saturday Hits 40% in National TV Ratings". 3 July 2012. Retrieved 2014.
- Benedicto, Rizza Lorraine C. (12 March 2013). "Meet Star Magic Circle 2013". Philippine Entertainment Portal (PEP.ph). Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "ABS-CBN dominates nomination for 27th Star Awards for Television". PMPC (Philippine Entertainment Portal). 8 November 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Meet the new housemates of ‘Pinoy Big Brother’". ABS-CBN Interactive (ABS-CBN News). 27 April 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- Daniel Matsunaga wins 'Pinoy Big Brother: All In' Retrieved 2014-08-24.
- "After 'PBB' stint, Jane finally bags lead role in teleserye". ABS-CBN News (ABS-CBN Interactive). 28 August 2013. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
-  PMPC bares nominees for 26th Star Awards for Television. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- "PEP’s Bets for Stardom: Lucky 13 for 2013". Philippine Entertainment Portal (Philippine Entertainment Portal Inc). December 2012. Retrieved 10 April 2014.