Oineza at an awards ceremony in 2013
|Born||Elizabeth Jane Urbano Oineza
July 22, 1996
Bani, Pangasinan, Philippines
|Occupation||Actress, Model, Singer|
|Agent||Star Magic (2001–present)|
2012 Manika, nominated (International)
Elizabeth Jane Urbano Oineza (known as Jane Oineza, born on July 22, 1996) is a Filipina actress and singer. A child star on Goin' Bulilit and Kung Fu Kids, she gained local relativity on Pinoy Big Brother. Oineza also received recognition overseas, winning a World’s Best Actress certificate and International Emmy nomination for Manika (2012).
Life and career
Jane Oineza was born in the town of Bani, Pangasinan, to father Erwin Oineza, a small-based businessman situated in northern Luzon, and mother "Jen" (née Urbano). The oldest among three siblings, she lived with her family throughout the Ilocos region and is bilingual; fluent in Tagalog, English, and with some proficiency in Ilokano. She is of mostly Filipino ancestry with distant Spanish and Native (Pangasinese, Ilocandia) roots.
From then on, Oineza became sole breadwinner of her household, with her parents resigning from their lines of work to assist their daughter's career, moving the family from the provinces to live in capital region Pasig and later Quezon City.
Oineza later admitted that her lack of acting opportunities led directly to financial problems for her family, confessing on reality show Pinoy Big Brother: All In, yet her mother continually recognizes her daughter's efforts: "very dedicated in everything she does".
Immediately upon release of a popular shampoo ad, a talent manager urged Oineza to venture into acting. She made her professional acting debut at the age of four in the primetime drama Sa Dulo Ng Walang Hanggan (2001–2003).
Oineza then portrayed the young versions of heroine protagonists in Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas (2003–2004) in the role of young Ara to Kristine Hermosa, and Marina (2004) as young Marina to Claudine Barretto. Soon, Oineza came to prominence in the children's sketch comedy show Goin' Bulilit in various skits and parody roles.
After graduating from said show after three years, she joined the live-action fantasy series Kung Fu Kids (2008) as Moira, one of seven kids holding different personalities to be united by a prophecy. Kung Fu Kids became the most-watched program in urban Philippines in early 2008 according to NUTAM, with 37.1%.
Since then, Oineza became a staple of local soap operas, as supporting and guest cast in Ligaw na Bulaklak (2008), Shout Out! (2010), Maria la del Barrio (2011), Oka Tokat (2012), and featured multiple guestings on drama anthology series Maalaala Mo Kaya and Wansapanataym, notably episodes "Unan" and "Bola", the life depictions of Julie Vega and Vice Ganda respectively.
During this time period, she obtained more challenging roles. In the midst of drama portryals, Oineza materialized on the big screen with her first indie short in Sampalataya for Philippine's 2009 Urban Mediamakers Film Festival Entry as Mayumi, a blind girl who dreams in colors but sees everything in black and white. She returned to co-starring in mainstream Star Cinema-produced movies, namely Miss You Like Crazy (2010), I Do (2010) and psychological horror film Amorosa (2012).
Oineza then participated in the period indie, Bayaning Pepe, a film under the direction of Carlos Morales, encompassing a story traced back into the younger years of National Hero Jose Rizal. She received rave reviews from independent film critics as she played the infamous Leonor Rivera, Rizal's "lover by correspondence".
In 2013, Oineza gained international recognition for her role in Maalaala Mo Kaya’s Manika (lit. Doll) (2012); with a Finalist Certificate for Best Performance by an Actress at the prestigious New York Festivals, nominee for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Single Drama nomination at the Golden Screen Awards, and cast of Best Drama nomination at the International Emmy Awards. Noted to be her first-starring role on TV, Oineza plays Nene, a girl raped by her stepfather, witnesses her mother succumb to drug addiction and escapes to a convent. Doll broke barriers as one of the most-talked about episodes of the MMK series, reaching a 40% national viewer rating via Kantar Media/TNS. Later that year, she was relaunched as part of Star Magic 2013.
Separately, she appeared in another Maalaala Mo Kaya episode entitled Bimpo where she played a young woman born with cerebral palsy. Her portrayal garnered her a second nod for Best Single Performance by an Actress at the 27th PMPC Star Awards for Television alongside acclaimed veteran Nora Aunor.
In 2014, Jane joined Pinoy Big Brother: All In as a celebrity housemate. Because of her love-lines and strong personality, Oineza gained immense media attention and viewer relevance. After 120 days, she was named 3rd Big Placer.
As of 2015, Jane currently appears in the afternoon primetime teleserye Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita opposite Jerome Ponce. In the series, she portrays Corrine Natividad, a determined daughter who desires to fix her broken family.
|2012||24/7 in Love||Bambi||
|Miss You Like Crazy||Magdalena Samonte|
|Bahay Kubo: A Pinoy Mano Po!||Young Rose||
- Various Parodies - (On Goin' Bulilit, 2005-2008)
- Pinoy Big Brother All In Originals - Teen Love Song, Turtle Song, Bibimbap (Housemates, 2014)
- Move On (Sponge Cola, 2015)
|Year||Awards & Recognitions||Award Giving Body||Result|
|2014||3rd Big Winner||Pinoy Big Brother All In||Won|
|Best Performance by an Actress (Manika)||New York Festivals Awards - International TV & Film||Included:#3|||
|Best Performance by an Actress (Manika)||26th PMPC Star Awards||Nominated|||
|Philippine's Hottest 20 Stars Under 20||Starmometer||Included:#8|
|Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Single Drama (Manika)||10th Golden Screen Awards||Nominated|||
|Best Single Performance by an Actress (Bimpo)||27th PMPC Star Awards||Nominated|||
|2012||PEP's Bets for Stardom in 2013||Philippine Entertainment Portal||Included:#12|||
- Valeza, Karen (11 June 2013). "Jane Oineza: Good-bye to child star roles?". Yahoo! Southeast Asia Newsroom (Yahoo Philippines Celebrity). Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- . Bum Endorsers. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- Roman Catholic Jane Oineza Twitter.
- "Star Magic Talent: Jane Oineza". Star Magic Philippines. Star Magic. 2010. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "New York Festivals - 2013 World’s Best Television & Film". New York Festivals. NYF International Awards Group LLC. 2014. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Nakakaproud naman! Ilokana ka mut gaya! Ijay ka banda ngay manang?” - taga bani, pangasinan kami! Jane Oineza Twitter.
- Oineza, Jane (6 June 2013). "Ilokano status". Jane Oineza Official Twitter. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
- "“Jane Oineza: From Commercial Model to Popular Child Actress"". Manila Bulletin (Manila Bulletin Publishing Corp.). Retrieved 8 August 2008.
- "Housemates receive their first punishment". Star Cinema. 5 May 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Jane Oineza, tapos na ang paghihirap". Online Balita. Balita News Philippines. 2014. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- Lacuata, Rose (5 May 2014). "PBB All In: Jane Oineza shares past as child actress". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- Ciar, Troy (13 May 2014). "Jane Oineza: Mother knows best". SuperBalita Cebu: Kalingawan (Sunstar). Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- Almo, Nerisa (28 January 2008). "“Kung Fu Kids” kicks of January 28 on ABS-CBN". PEP.ph TV Guide (Philippine Entertainment Portal). Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- Kung Fu Kids rule NUTAM/TV Ratings Feb 4 to 7
- Dumaual, Miguel (9 March 2013). "Meet the 12 new faces of Star Magic". ABS-CBN Interactive. ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2014.
- "'Ghost' haunted 'Amorosa' shooting?". ABS-CBN Interactive. ABS-CBN News. 29 October 2012. Retrieved 2014.
- Bayaning Pepe previous archive  Retrieved 2012.
- http://aliwanavenue.com/2012/08/08/bayaning-pepe-premieres-august-17-sm-manila-cinema-9/ ‘BAYANING PEPE’ PREMIERES AUGUST 17 @ SM MANILA CINEMA 9!
- "Philippines wins Gold, Silver, and Bronze World Medals at New York Festivals". Philippine Entertainment Portal. 11 April 2013. Retrieved 2014.
- "2013 Golden Screen TV Awards nominees bared". PEP.ph. 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Maalaala Mo Kaya nominated in drama category of 41st International Emmy Awards". Philippine Entertainment Portal. 2013. Retrieved 2014.
- "JANE OINEZA, HAPPY WITH THE GO-SIGNAL OF HER CONTROVERSIAL “MMK” EPISODE". ABS-CBN Social Media Newsroom. ABS-CBN 2014. 29 October 2012. Retrieved 2014.
- "The Much-Talked About 'MMK' Episode Last Saturday Hits 40% in National TV Ratings". 3 July 2012. Retrieved 2014.
- Benedicto, Rizza Lorraine C. (12 March 2013). "Meet Star Magic Circle 2013". Philippine Entertainment Portal (PEP.ph). Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- A Fiercer Yet Sexy Jane Oineza "A Fiercer Yet Sexy Jane Oineza". BNL Mag. May 2014. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "ABS-CBN dominates nomination for 27th Star Awards for Television". PMPC (Philippine Entertainment Portal). 8 November 2013. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Meet the new housemates of ‘Pinoy Big Brother’". ABS-CBN Interactive (ABS-CBN News). 27 April 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "Jane Oineza saves herself". The Philippine Star. 29 June 2014.
- Malonzo, Cristina (17 June 2014). "Nichole calls this edition of PBB ‘PBB JANE Edition’". Pinoy Big Brother News (ABS-CBN Entertainment). Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- PBB ALL IN: Jane Oineza celebrates 18th Birthday inside PBB House
- http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/news/66903-pinoy-big-brother-all-in-moments '10 Pinoy Big Brother: All In' moments
- Daniel Matsunaga wins 'Pinoy Big Brother: All In' Retrieved 2014-08-24.
- "After 'PBB' stint, Jane finally bags lead role in teleserye". ABS-CBN News (ABS-CBN Interactive). 28 August 2013. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- Marlo-Mortel-sa-MMK?scid=04A085E1-2C4D-4085-8435-A3CBCA6BB1B7 MMK ABS CBN News October 25 2014
-  PMPC bares nominees for 26th Star Awards for Television. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- "PEP’s Bets for Stardom: Lucky 13 for 2013". Philippine Entertainment Portal (Philippine Entertainment Portal Inc). December 2012. Retrieved 10 April 2014.