||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2011)|
21 March 1965 |
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, producer|
|Years active||1997 – present|
Janez Burger (born 21 March 1965) is a Slovene film director, screenwriter and producer.
Life and career
Born in Kranj, Slovenia, Burger grew up in Železniki and now lives and works in Ljubljana . In 1986 he started his studies on Faculty of Economics in Ljubljana, but in 1990 quit this studies and moved to study at Film and TV School of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (FAMU) . In 1996 he graduated from film and TV direction at FAMU  and moved back to Ljubljana.
In Slovenia he established his theatre group Burgerteater. In 1997 he shot his first feature film Idle Running. The world premiere took place at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival  in 1999 in the international competition programme. Idle Running had been presented at more than 60 festivals worldwide.
- Silent Sonata (2010, 75 minutes), director and writer
- Ruins (2004, 100 minutes), director and co-writer
- Idle Running (1999, 90 minut), director and co-writer
- On the Sunny Side of the Alps (2007, 15 minutes), short feature, director and writer
- Matura 2000 (2000, 10 minutes), documentary, director and writer
- Door (1989, 10 minutes), amateur short feature, director and writer
- Sonja (2007), feature TV drama, director
- Novak family (2000) feature TV series, director
- Sweet Little House(1998) short TV documentary, director and writer
- "Fortissimo takes on Rotterdam premiere Silent Sonata". screendaily. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "Three Irish films selected for Rotterdam Film Festival Line-Up". irishfilmboard. Retrieved 2011-10-26.