|MLA for Westmount, Saskatoon|
|Preceded by||John Edward Brockelbank|
|Succeeded by||riding dissolved|
|MLA for Saskatoon Idylwyld|
|Preceded by||Eric Cline|
|Succeeded by||David Forbes|
|Born||January 30, 1947|
|Political party||New Democratic Party|
Dr. Janice MacKinnon, Ph.D, C.M., S.O.M., FRSC (born January 30, 1947) is a Canadian historian and former Minister of Finance for the Province of Saskatchewan under NDP Premier Roy Romanow. She is currently a professor in the Department of History at the University of Saskatchewan.
Born Janice Potter in Kitchener, Ontario, she received an honours BA from the University of Western Ontario in 1969 where she attended Huron University College and an MA and Ph.D from Queen's University.
From 1991 to 2003, she was a Saskatchewan MLA. In addition to being Minister of Finance, she also held the following ministerial positions at various times: Minister of Social Services, Minister of Economic and Co-operative Development, Minister Responsible for Trade, Research and Investment and Government House Leader.
In 2005, she was made a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada.
On January 25, 2008, Janice MacKinnon was named Chair of the Board of Investment Saskatchewan - a Saskatchewan Crown Corporation managing investment capital and financing.
She is married to Peter MacKinnon, the past President of the University of Saskatchewan. They have two children, Alan and William.
- Canada West Foundation List of Board of Directors, Accessed 22 May 2008.
- Regina Leader Post, January 25, 2008; Investment Saskatchewan.
- The Liberty We Seek: Loyalist Ideology in Colonial New York and Massachusetts (ISBN 0674530268)
- While the Women Only Wept: Loyalist Refugee Women (ISBN 0773513175)
- Minding the Public Purse: The Fiscal Crisis, Political Trade-offs and Canada's Future (ISBN 0773527494)