|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Born||Janine Marie Raymundo Tugonon
October 19, 1989
Orion, Bataan, Philippines
|Alma mater||University of Santo Tomas|
|Agency||Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc.|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Title(s)||Miss Universe-Philippines 2012|
|Binibining Pilipinas 2011
Binibining Pilipinas 2012
Miss Universe 2012
Janine Marie Raymundo Tugonon (born October 19, 1989 in Orion, Bataan, Philippines) is a Filipino model, TV Presenter and beauty pageant titleholder was crowned Miss Universe-Philippines 2012 and placed 1st Runner-Up at Miss Universe 2012.
She finished her Pharmacy degree with Latin honours (Cum Laude) at the Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas in Manila and became a Licensed Pharmacist in June 2010. Tugonon also attended the Ballet School of Manila as a ballet protégé while attending university.
In 2010, Tugonon was titled Miss Pharmacy and Miss Thomasian Personality 2010 at the University of Santo Tomas.
In 2011, Tugonon placed 1st Runner-Up in the Binibining Pilipinas 2011 pageant. The eventual winner was Shamcey Supsup (her roommate). In 2012, Janine once again entered the pageant and won the title of Miss Universe-Philippines 2012, gaining the right to represent the Philippines at the Miss Universe 2012 pageant.
Miss Universe 2012
On 19 December 2012, Tugonon competed in Miss Universe 2012 at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, USA where she finished 1st Runner-Up to Olivia Culpo of USA. Tugonon was the only Asian to place in the Top 5. Philippines placed in the Top 5 for the third consecutive year.
During the final question portion of the competition Tugonon was asked a question via Twitter and read by judge Nigel Barker: "As an international ambassador, do you believe that speaking English should be a prerequisite to being Miss Universe? Why or why not?", Tugonon replied:
For me, I think being Miss Universe is not just about knowing how to speak a specific language – it is being able to influence and inspire others. So whatever language you have, as long your heart is to serve and you have a strong mind to show to people, then, you can be Miss Universe.
Tugonon's relationship with Jaypee Santos was put in the spotlight. The two broke up in March 2013 after Tugonon reportedly began communicating with The Script's frontman, Danny O'Donoghue after their Manila concert that month.
Tugonon, together with Santos, appeared in ABS-CBN's "KrisTV" in April 2013 where she admitted to being a huge fan of The Script as well as her break up with Santos due to her communication with O'Donoghue, after host Kris Aquino publicly embarrassed Santos in front of the camera. However, Tugonon stated that he did not have a relationship with the singer and that the break up was only for the purpose of "thinking things over". Nevertheless, Tugonon received a lot of criticisms from netizens over her actions towards Santos on national television.
- Santos, Matikas (20 December 2012). "Philippines Miss Universe first runner-up". Inquirer.net. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "June 2010 Pharmacist Board Exam Results". PRC Board Exam Results. 25 June 2010. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Tupaz, Voltaire (14 June 2012) Last year's runner-up crowned 2012 Bb Pilipinas Universe, Rappler.com
- "Binibining Pilipinas 2012 winners". Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- (17 April 2012) Fast facts about Bb. Pilipinas 2012 Janine Tugonon, ABS-CBNnews.com
- Valeza, Karen. "Janine Tugonon and boyfriend break up".Yahoo! OMG! Philippines
- Sallan, Edward. "Netizens divided on Janine Tugonon's split with boyfriend over The Script frontman".Interaksyon.com
- Official Bb. Pilipinas website
- Complete Profile of Janine Tugonon
- Fast facts about Bb. Pilipinas 2012 Janine Tugonon
|Awards and achievements|
|Miss Universe 1st Runner-Up
|Binibining Pilipinas 1st Runner-Up