Janmabhoomi (1969 film)
|Directed by||John Sankaramangalam|
|Produced by||John Sankaramangalam|
|Written by||John Sankaramangalam|
Kottarakkara Sreedharan Nair,
S. P. Pillai,
T. R. Omana
|Music by||B. A. Chidambaranath|
|Edited by||Ravi Kadakkal|
|Distributed by||Dinny Films|
Janmabhoomi (English: Home Land) is a 1969 Malayalam film written, directed and produced by John C. Sankaramangalam with Madhu, Kottarakkara Sreedharan Nair, S. P. Pillai and Ushakumari in the star cast. It marks the directorial debut of John Sankaramangalam who later directed critically acclaimed feature films like Avalalppam Vaikippoyi (1971) and Samantharam (1985). It won the Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration.
- Kottarakkara Sreedharan Nair as Mathai
- Madhu as John
- S. P. Pillai as Pillai
- Manavalan Joseph as Usman
- Janardhanan as Nambiar
- Ramchand as Kunhan
- Ushakumari as Madhavi
- Shobha as Chembi
- T. R. Omana as Mariya
- Snehalatha as Thresya
- K. V. Sharada as Grameena
- Baby Saroja as Baby
- Baby Shanthi as Balan
The Film was distributed by Dinny Films.
The film won the Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration for its theme of religious co-existence.
- Bibekananda Ray, Naveen Joshi (2005). Conscience of the race: India's offbeat cinema. Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. Publications Division (India). p. 118.
- "John Shankaramangalam - Person Information". Complete Index to World Film (CITWF). Retrieved April 27, 2011.
- "Sixties: Collective Cinema". Public Relation Department, Government of Kerala. Retrieved April 27, 2011.
- Janmabhoomi at the Malayalam Movie Database
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|