||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2014)|
|Headquarters||Portland, OR, USA|
Number of locations
|San Francisco, London, Singapore|
Janrain Inc. is a private technology company that provides software-as-a-service solutions that enable organizations to manage their customer profiles. The company is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, with additional offices in San Francisco, London and Singapore.
Janrain aided in creating and advancing the market for social login technology. In 2005, Janrain began developing the open source libraries that today power the majority of the websites enabling social login. The company also was involved in forming the OpenID Foundation, an organization seeking to advance the market for the technology.
In 2008, Janrain launched the industry’s first social login solution.
In 2010, Janrain broadened its product portfolio by introducing technology to power registration and consumer profile data collection and storage.
In 2012 and again in 2013, Janrain was named to the Inc. Top 500 list of fastest growing private companies. Gartner also named the company as a Cool Vendor in Social Marketing. As of January 2013, Janrain has received financial investments from Millenium Technology Value Partners, Emergence Capital, Anthem Venture Partners, DFJ Frontier, Mundane Ventures, RPM Ventures, Split Rock Partners and Salesforce.com.
Janrain is a customer profile management platform that aids companies in acquiring more users online and improving consumer intelligence. Its social login product enables people to register and log in on websites using an existing identity from networks such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn and Yahoo. Janrain’s platform also includes solutions to power website registration, single sign-on, and assist companies with collecting, storing and utilizing consumer profile data in a SaaS database. The Customer Insights product by Janrain gives companies the opportunity to visualize and segment customer profile data.
- Hoyt, Josh (2006-03-15). "OpenID + Simple Registration Information Exchange". Danga Interactive. Retrieved 2008-03-20.
- OpenID Board of Directors (2007-06-01). "OpenID Foundation". OpenID Foundation. Retrieved 2008-03-20.
- "Janrain Launches Industry's First Suite of Hosted OpenID Solutions". PRWeb. October 9, 2008.
- "Janrain Launches New Customer Profile Management Solution for Online Businesses". PRWeb. August 10, 2010.
- "Two Oregon firms on Inc. 500 list". BizJournals. August 15, 2012.
- "Inc. Magazine Unveils 31st Annual List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies--the Inc. 500". GlobeNewsWire. Aug 23, 2012.
- "Cool Vendors in Social Marketing, 2013". Gartner. Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- Paul Greenberg (January 13, 2014). "And the winners of the CRM Watchlist 2014 are....".
- "Janrain Acquires Arktan". December 16, 2014.
- "Customer Insights".
- Loginradius Website An Edmonton based Start-up offering social login, social sharing, user data, single sign-on and social analytics.
- Gigya A company based in California which offers a customer identity management platform for businesses which includes products for customized registration, social login, Identity and Access Management.