||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2014)|
|Headquarters||Portland, OR, USA|
|Number of locations||San Francisco, London, Singapore|
Janrain Inc. is a private technology company that provides software-as-a-service solutions to help organizations improve customer acquisition and intelligence. The company is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, with additional offices in San Francisco, London and Singapore.
Janrain helped to create and advance the market for social login technology. In 2005, Janrain began developing the open source libraries that today power the majority of the websites enabling social login. The company also was involved in forming the OpenID Foundation, an organization seeking to advance the market for the technology.
In 2008, Janrain launched the industry’s first social login solution.
In 2010, Janrain broadened its product portfolio by introducing technology to power registration and consumer profile data collection and storage.
The company was also involved in forming the OpenID Foundation, an organization seeking to advance the market for portable identity technologies.
In 2012 and again in 2013, Janrain was named to the Inc. Top 500 list of fastest growing private companies. Gartner also named the company as a Cool Vendor in Social Marketing. As of January 2013, Janrain has received financial investments from Millenium Technology Value Partners, Emergence Capital, Anthem Venture Partners, DFJ Frontier, Epic Ventures, RPM Ventures, Split Rock Partners and Salesforce.com.
Janrain is a user management platform that helps companies acquire more users online and improve consumer intelligence. Its social login product enables people to register and log in on websites using an existing identity from networks such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn and Yahoo. Janrain’s platform also includes solutions to power website registration, single sign-on, and help companies collect, store and utilize consumer profile data in a SaaS database.
- Hoyt, Josh (2006-03-15). "OpenID + Simple Registration Information Exchange". Danga Interactive. Retrieved 2008-03-20.
- OpenID Board of Directors (2007-06-01). "OpenID Foundation". OpenID Foundation. Retrieved 2008-03-20.
- "Janrain Launches Industry's First Suite of Hosted OpenID Solutions". PRWeb. October 9, 2008.
- "Janrain Launches New User Management Solution for Online Businesses". PRWeb. August 10, 2010.
- "Two Oregon firms on Inc. 500 list". BizJournals. August 15, 2012.
- "Inc. Magazine Unveils 31st Annual List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies--the Inc. 500". GlobeNewsWire. Aug 23, 2012.
- "Cool Vendors in Social Marketing, 2013". Gartner. Retrieved April 8, 2013.