Janus Capital Group
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
|Traded as||NYSE: JNS|
|Founder||Thomas H. Bailey|
|Headquarters||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Richard Weil (CEO)|
|Revenue||$981.9 million (2011)|
|Total assets||$158.2 billion|
Number of employees
|1,125 (2011) |
Janus Capital Group, Inc. is an American publicly owned investment firm headquartered in Denver, Colorado. The company's asset-management disciplines include growth, core, international, value, mathematical, alternative and fixed-income. These products are sold through advisors and financial intermediaries, to institutional investors and directly to retail investors. Janus Capital Group was created as a result of the January 1, 2003, merger of Janus Capital Corporation into its parent company, Stilwell Financial Inc. Janus Capital Group consists of Janus Capital Management LLC, INTECH Investment Management LLC (INTECH), and Perkins Investment Management LLC.
As of June 30, 2014, Janus managed approximately $177.7 billion in assets under management for more than four million shareholders, clients, and institutions around the globe. Outside the U.S., Janus has offices in London, Milan, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Melbourne, and Singapore. Janus Capital Group consists of Janus Capital Management LLC, INTECH Investment Management LLC (INTECH). Additionally, Janus Capital Group owns 80% of Perkins Investment Management (formerly Perkins, Wolf, McDonnell and Company).
The firm was formerly known as Stilwell Financial Incorporated. The company was renamed following the January 2003 merger of Janus Capital Corporation into its parent company, Stilwell Financial.
1970-Janus Launches Products
- Janus Fund opens with approximately $500,000 in assets and 30 investors.
- Primary business was U.S. large cap growth equity management.
1985-More Funds Launched
- Janus launches its first small cap equity fund; Janus Venture Fund.
- Janus launches its first concentrated equity fund; Janus Twenty Fund.
- Janus begins managing assets for institutional clients.
1991- Funds Launch
- Janus launches its first global equity fund; Janus Worldwide Fund.
- Janus launches its first mid cap equity fund; Janus Enterprise Fund.
- Janus Aspen Series (JAS) is launched - the product line is created for investors wanting to invest in Janus through variable insurance contracts or certain qualified retirement plans.
- Janus becomes available through fund supermarkets for both retail shareholders and financial planners.
- Janus launches its first international equity fund; Janus Overseas Fund.
- "Annual Report, Format 10-K, 2011". Janus Capital Group Inc. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- As of September 30, 2012. Janus: Company Overview
- Janus Fund Chief and Founder to Step Down. The Street, June 12, 2002
- Stilwell Financial and Janus to Combine Operations Under the Janus Name. September 3, 2002