|Born||Janusz Zygmunt Kamiński
July 27, 1959
|Other names||Jennifer Stoltz|
|Alma mater||Columbia College Chicago (B.A., 1987)
AFI Conservatory (M.F.A., 1987)
|Occupation||Cinematographer, film director|
|Spouse(s)||Holly Hunter (1995–2001)
Rebecca Rankin (2004–2010)
Independent Spirit Award for Best Cinematography
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly 2008
Janusz Zygmunt Kamiński (Polish pronunciation: [ˌjanuʂ kaˈmiɲskʲi]; born June 27, 1959) is a Polish cinematographer and film director who started his career in the United States. He rose to fame in the 1990s following Schindler's List (1993). Since then, he has photographed all of Steven Spielberg's films. He won the Academy Award for Best Cinematography for his cinematography of Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan (1999). In recent years, Kamiński has also moved into the field of directing.
Life and career 
Kamiński was born in Ziębice, Poland, the son of mother, Jadwiga Celner, and father, Marian Kaminski. He emigrated at the age of 21—after Prime Minister Jaruzelski imposed martial law in 1981—to the United States.
He attended Columbia College in Chicago from 1982 to 1987, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree, taking up film making as a profession before transferring to the AFI Conservatory, where he graduated with an Master of Fine Arts degree.
Kamiński was first discovered by Steven Spielberg in 1991. After seeing the television film Wildflower, Spielberg hired Kamiński to shoot Class of '61, a television film in which Spielberg served as producer.
He twice won the Academy Award for Best Cinematography in the 1990s, for Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan. He has been nominated four additional times for Amistad, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, War Horse and Lincoln. In 2010, he was awarded the Franklin J. Schaffer Alumni Medal by the AFI Conservatory.
- Grim Prairie Tales (1990)
- The Rain Killer (1990)
- The Terror Within II (1990)
- Wildflower (1991)
- Cool as Ice (1991)
- Killer Instinct (1991)
- Pyrates (1991)
- Mad Dog Coll (1992)
- Schindler's List (1993)
- Class of '61 (1993)
- The Adventures of Huck Finn (1993)
- Trouble Bound (1993)
- Little Giants (1994)
- How to Make an American Quilt (1995)
- Tall Tale (1995)
- Jerry Maguire (1996)
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
- Amistad (1997)
- Saving Private Ryan (1998)
- A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)
- Minority Report (2002)
- Catch Me If You Can (2002)
- Jumbo Girl (2004)
- The Terminal (2004)
- War of the Worlds (2005)
- Munich (2005)
- Hania (2007)
- The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007)
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
- Funny People (2009)
- How Do You Know (2010)
- The Adventures of Tintin (2011)
- War Horse (2011)
- Lincoln (2012)
Film director 
- Lost Souls (2000)
- Hania (2007)
- American Dream (2011)
- Nothing in Common (1986)
- Dance of the Damned (1988)
- Stripped to Kill II: Live Girls (1989)
- To Die Standing (1990)
- Watchers II (1990)
- Pyrates (1991)
- One False Move (1992)
- Love, Cheat & Steal (1993)
- Armageddon (1998)
- "Can Kaminski clinch Oscar for Lincoln?". Polskie Radio. February 22, 2013. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- "Spot On: Mauro Fiore", Demo, January 2010, Columbia College, Chicago
- "RECENT AFI ALUMNI AND FELLOW AWARDS & HONORS", AFI Conservatory website
- He Makes It Look Picture-perfect, Los Angeles Times, November 21, 2007
- "Janusz Kaminski (1959–)". Filmreference. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- Mamelstein, David (February 20, 2013). "Spielberg's Eye". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- Sullivan, Michael (June 10, 2010). "AFI awards Kaminski". Variety. Reed Business Information. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- "Rebecca Rankin and Janusz Kaminski". Variety. Reed Business Information. February 16, 2004. Retrieved February 27, 2013.