Japan Post Holdings
|Founded||January 23, 2006|
|Headquarters||Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda, Tokyo, [Japan]|
|Key people||Jiro Saito
(President and CEO)
|Products||Mail delivery, post offices, banking, life insurance, insurance, courier|
|Revenue||US$ 201.187 billion (2011)|
|Net income||US$ 5.938 billion (2011)|
|Total assets||US$ 3.550 trillion (2011)|
|Total equity||US$ 120.87 billion (2011)|
|Owner(s)||Government of Japan|
|Subsidiaries||Japan Post Service
Japan Post Network
Japan Post Bank
Japan Post Insurance
Japan Post Holdings Co., Ltd. (日本郵政株式会社 Nippon Yū-sei Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese state-owned conglomerate headquartered in Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda, Tokyo. It operates post stations, banks, and insurance business. The company offers letters and goods transportation services, stamp sales, deposits, loans, and insurance products. There were plans to fully privatize the agency but these have been put on hold. As of 2013[update], it ranked thirteenth in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world's largest companies.
The group operates via four main divisions:
- Japan Post Service, which deals with mail delivery.
- Japan Post Network, which runs the post offices.
- Japan Post Bank, which deals with banking functions.
- Japan Post Insurance, which provides life insurance.
- "2011 Form 10-K, Japan Post Holdings". cnn.com.
- "6. Japan Post Holdings". Global 500. Fortune. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "About Japan Post." Japan Post Holdings. Retrieved on April 24, 2010.
- "Japan Post Holdings". Fortune Global 500. 2013.
- "Corporate Profile". Japan Post Holdings Official Site. 1 July 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Index of Postal Freedom: Japan". Consumer Postal Council. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Japan Post Group.|
- Japan Post Holdings (Japanese)
- Japan Post Holdings (English)
- FT.com (English)
- Japan embassy UK (English)
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|