The Japanese Seventh Area Army (第7方面軍 Dai nana hōmen gun) was a field army of the Imperial Japanese Army during final stages of the Pacific War.
The Japanese 7th Area Army was formed on March 19, 1944 under the Southern Expeditionary Army Group for the specific task of opposing landings by Allied forces in Japanese-occupied Malaya, Singapore and Borneo, Java, Sumatra and to consolidate a new defense line after the loss of the Solomon Islands, New Guinea and eastern portions of the Netherlands East Indies. It had its headquarters at Singapore, and was demobilized there on the surrender of Japan at the end of World War II.
List of Commanders
Chief of Staff
- Madej, Victor (1981). Japanese Armed Forces Order of Battle, 1937-1945. Game Publishing Company. ASIN: B000L4CYWW.
- Marston, Daniel (2005). The Pacific War Companion: From Pearl Harbor to Hiroshima. Osprey Publishing. ISBN 1-84176-882-0.
- Nalty, Bernard (1999). War in the Pacific: Pearl Harbor to Tokyo Bay : The Story of the Bitter Struggle in the Pacific Theater of World War II. University of Oklahoma Press. ISBN 0-8061-3199-3.
- ^ Marston, The Pacific War Companion: From Pearl Harbor to Hiroshima
- ^ Nalty, War in the Pacific: Pearl Harbor to Tokyo Bay
- ^ Madej, Japanese Armed Forces Order of Battle, 1937-1945