|• Total||1,770.04 km2 (683.42 sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC+6)|
The largest towns in Jaranwala are: Khurrianwala, Satyana, Mandi Rurala Road, Lundianwala, Mandi Buchiana. It hosts the largest jute mill in Pakistan. Jaranwala Tehsil is located on the north bank of the Ravi. There are 300 villages and 2 urban centres in Jaranwala, covering an area of 437,386 acres (1,770.04 km2), with a population of 1,186,514 people, as per the last census. It is home to a Government college.This city is also famous for its sugar mill which is Hussain Sugar Mills.This mill produces 2/3 of total sugar of country. A.W Grammar and The Educators are famous schools in tehsil.The city is also famous for an eatable which is called "Tangri" which is saltish in taste and made of chickpea flour.
‘’== Important places ==
- Rurala Road (Chak 283 GB) is also known as Chak No.283 GB. It is located between Tehsil Jaranwala and Tehsil Tandlianwala. Its postal code is 37200 and telephone number format is 0092 41 463xxxxx. It has a railway station, bus stand, taxi stand and some big and small markets. It is a trading center for all the villages situated nearby. Rudala Road was one of the busiest villages with the biggest bazaar in the area around Faisalabad in the late 1970s to '80s but, due to migration into cities including Faisalabad and Lahore, its importance has diminished.
- Chak No 237GB is known as Tararnwala:Its a well developed village in the area. The Famous Games Played in the village are Cricket and Soccer. Major trend among people is to serve in Pakistan Army, Punjab Police, Elite Force, etc.
- Chak 591 G.B. Gangapur village had a mini track of railway trolley, it was pulled by horses. This was the only of its kind in the world. It was also designed and built by Sir Ganga Ram. It was an antique and historical thing, this rail track was between Buchiana railway station and 591 Gangapur. There was also hydraulic water system for irrigation of agricultural land of Gangapur.
- Gangapur is the biggest village of Tehsile Jaranwla. The Tobacco Crops and Ghora Train (Anokhi Sawari) are th main features for its popularity in Pakistan. Ghora Train is a small Railway Track on which a horse(Ghora) is attached with a big wooden bogie. Minimum 2 bogie are attached at a time and 20 passengers can ride at a time. The Ghora Train route is from Gangapur to Mandi Buchiana. And this train covers 2 mile in one turn.
- Chak 105 G.B. Banga is the birthplace of revolutioanry of united India, Bhagat Singh.
- Government Degree College is a famous college where students are offered education from Intermediate to Master level every year. This college has produced many professional persons. Students from this institute won many prizes in inter-collegiate competitions. In 1986 to 1989, this institute won the prize of most beautiful college of district Faisalabad.
- Chak 383 G.B. is known as Kaliana has famous high school in the Faisalabad Dist. The school has scored top positions on numerous occasions in Education Board Faisalabad.
- Chak 561 G.B is known as Naruanwala is the one of important places of tehsil jaranwala.
- Chak No. 379 G.B known as ″Budhey Ka Chak″ [Old Person's Village] is famous for the sport of Kabaddi. Many of its residents have joined the Pakistan Army Kabaddi team and are serving in different Corps. Furthermore, Many of its students have scored prominent marks and have managed to take a place on honor board for position holders in Govt. College Jaranwala.
- Chak 353 G.B. is known as KOT KABIR: Its well developed village in the area. The famous games played in the village are Soccer and Kabadi. Major trend among people is to serve in Pakistan Army, Punjab Police, Elite Force, etc.
NA-77 Constituency NA-77
PP-54 (Faisalabad-IV) Rai Haider ( MPA )
Civil Hospital 353 G.B
Veterinary Hospital 353 G.B
Post Office 37224
♥ Chak no 109 RB is known as Roda. It is among important places in Jaranwala. It is the birthplace of Governor Punjab Ch. Muhammad Sarwar. Major games played in the village are Cricket, Kabaddi & Volley Ball.