Jardel Nivaldo Vieira
|Full name||Jardel Nivaldo Vieira|
|Date of birth||29 March 1986|
|Place of birth||Florianópolis, Brazil|
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 3 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2007||→ Avaí (loan)||0||(0)|
|2008||→ Joinville (loan)|
|2009||→ Ituano (loan)||1||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Estoril (loan)||28||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 May 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Florianópolis, Santa Catarina, Jardel only played in modest teams in his country. His biggest achievement was being part of Avaí Futebol Clube's roster in the Série B, without appearing in any official games during the 2007 season however.
In 2009 Jardel moved to Portugal, where he would remain in the following years. He played one season with G.D. Estoril Praia in the second division only missing two league games, then signed with S.C. Olhanense in the top level.
In January 2011 Jardel joined national giants Benfica for €500.000, replacing Chelsea-bound David Luiz. On 28 April he scored his first goal for the Lisbon outfit, in a 2–1 home win against S.C Braga for the season's UEFA Europa League semifinals (2–2 aggregate loss), and appeared in 18 official matches in his first full season.
- Taça da Liga: 2010–11, 2011–12
- UEFA Europa League: Runner-up 2012–13
- Taça de Portugal: Runner-up 2012–13
- Garay is better than David Luiz, and now is the time to prove that Real Madrid were wrong to let him go; Goal.com, 15 February 2012
- Oscar Cardozo gives Benfica slim Europa League advantage over Braga; The Guardian, 29 April 2011
- Benfica: Jardel estava à espera de castigo a Luisão (Benfica: Jardel expected ban on Luisão); Relvado, 21 September 2012 (Portuguese)
- Suspensão de Luisão levou Jardel a querer ficar (Luisão suspension made Jardel want to stay); Record, 21 September 2012 (Portuguese)