|Traded as||NYSE: JAH|
|Founder||Martin E. Franklin|
|Headquarters||Boca Raton, Florida, United States|
|Martin E. Franklin (Executive Chairman), Ian G.H. Ashken (Vice Chairman and President) and James E. Lillie (CEO)|
|Products||Outdoor Solutions, Branded Consumables and Consumer Solutions|
|Revenue||US$7.4 billion (FY 2013)|
|Total assets||US$10.1 billion (FY 2013)|
|Total equity||US$2.5 billion (FY 2013)|
Number of employees
Jarden Corporation, is a leading provider of a diverse range of consumer products with over 120 brands sold globally. Jarden operates in three primary business segments - Outdoor Solutions, Branded Consumables and Consumer Solutions. In 2014, Jarden was ranked #356 on Fortune 500. In 2013, Jarden Corporation delivered $7.4B in Net Sales and had total assets of $10.1 billion.
Outdoor Solutions are innovative, recreational and high-performance products designed to maximize consumers’ enjoyment of the outdoors. Jarden is one of the largest hard-goods sporting equipment company in the world, with leadership positions in US, Europe and Japan. In 2013, Outdoor Solutions delivered Net Sales of $2.7 billion with a Segment Earnings Margin of 11.0%.
- ABU Garcia, founded in 1921 in Svängsta, Sweden.
- Berkley, founded in 1937 in Spirit Lake, Iowa
- Coleman Company, founded by William Coffin Coleman, in 1900 in Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
- K2 Sports, founded in 1962 in Seattle, Washington.
- Marker (ski bindings) founded in 1952
- Marmot, founded in 1974 in Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Penn Reels, founded in 1922 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Rawlings, founded in 1887 in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Shakespeare Fishing Tackle, founded in 1897 in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Völkl, founded in 1923 in Straubing, Germany.
- Worr Game Products, founded in 1987 in Corona, California.
Branded Consumables are primarily niche, affordable, consumable household staples used in and around the home. Products tend to offer high, gross margin with strong and stable cash flow generations. In 2013, Branded Consumables delivered Net Sales of $2.3 billion with a Segment Earnings Margin of 18.1%.
- Breville, founded in 1932 in Melbourne, Australia.
- Holmes Products, founded in 1982, by Jordan Kahn, in Milford, Massachusetts
- John Oster Manufacturing Company, founded in 1924
- Mr. Coffee, founded in 1972 in Cleveland, Ohio
- Sunbeam Products, founded in 1897 in Boca Raton, Florida
- The Rival Company, founded in 1932
Consumer Solutions are products designed to simplify the daily lives of consumers in and around the home; making every day experiences more satisfying. Consumer Solutions appliances are the most broadly distributed brand portfolio in core categories throughout the Americas. In 2013, Consumer Solutions delivered Net Sales of $2.0 billion with a Segment Earnings Margin of 15.1%.
- Ball Corporation, founded in 1880 in Broomfield, Colorado.
- Diamond Match Company, founded in 1932 in Wilmington, Delaware.
- First Alert, founded in 1958 in Aurora, Illinois.
- United States Playing Card Company, founded in 1867 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Yankee Candle, founded in 1969 in South Deerfield, Massachusetts.
Jarden has increased its brand equity investment (which includes marketing and R&D expenses) from approximately 4.5% of revenue in 2008 to nearly 6% in 2013. Each year, approximately 30% of sales come from products launched within the last three years of sales. In 2012, Jarden accepted over 150 industry awards, recognizing the value of their work for the end users of their products. In 2013, this number increased to over 160 awards.
- Official websites
- Full company description of Jarden, from Reuters
- Jarden business profile at Bloomberg Businessweek
- Adio Footwear
- Jarden business profile at Forbes
- Jarden business profile at Google Finance