Cunningham during his tenure with the Mavericks
|Position||Shooting guard / Point guard|
May 22, 1991 |
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||195 lb (88 kg)|
|High school||San Leandro
(San Leandro, California)
|College||Oregon State (2009–2012)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 1 / Pick: 24th overall|
|Selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers|
|2012–2013||→Texas Legends (D-League)|
|2013–2014||→Bakersfield Jam (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jared Armon Cunningham (born May 22, 1991) is an American professional basketball player who last played for the Sacramento Kings of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Oregon State Beavers, where he was an All-Pac-12 first team selection before being drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the first round with the 24th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft. His rights were traded to the Dallas Mavericks in a draft-day trade. He was traded to Atlanta in 2013. After Atlanta waived him, he signed with Sacramento for the remainder of the season.
High school career
In his junior season at San Leandro High School, Cunningham averaged 17.8 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game. As a senior, He averaged 20.4 points, 6.3 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game. He earned academic All-America honors his senior year and was also ranked as the No. 14 guard and No. 76 overall player by Rivals.com.
In Cunningham's freshman season at Oregon State University, he averaged 6.2 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 0.9 assists per game. In a first round game against Boston University in the 2010 College Basketball Invitational, he recorded a then career-high of 21 points.
In his sophomore season, Cunningham averaged 14.2 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 2.83 steals per game. He was first in the Pac-10 in steals and was also fifth in the nation. He was named to the All-Pac-10 Second Team and the Pac-10 All-Defensive-Team. He was also named to the Pac-10 All-Tournament Team after averaging 23.5 points per game in the 2011 Pacific-10 Conference Men's Basketball Tournament.
In his junior season, he averaged 17.9 points, 3.8 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.53 steals per game. He led the Pac-12 in steals per game for the second consecutive season, and also finished ninth nationally. Cunningham was also named to the All-Pac-12 First Team and the Pac-12 All-Defensive Team. Additionally, he was named to the Pac-12 All-Tournament team for the second consecutive season. On April 9, 2012, Jared declared for the 2012 NBA draft.
|2009–10||Oregon State Beavers||32||19||19.1||.512||.333||.747||2.0||.9||1.3||.1||6.2|
|2010–11||Oregon State Beavers||30||29||29.2||.437||.360||.779||3.1||2.1||2.8||.2||14.2|
|2011–12||Oregon State Beavers||36||35||34.6||.450||.338||.737||3.8||2.8||2.5||.4||17.9|
Cunningham was selected with the 24th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers. His draft rights were then traded with Jae Crowder and Bernard James to the Dallas Mavericks for Tyler Zeller and Kelenna Azubuike on draft night. On July 21, 2012, he signed his first professional contract with the Mavericks. On December 11, 2012, he was assigned to the Texas Legends. He was recalled on December 31, 2012, then re-assigned on January 28, 2013. He was recalled once again on March 30, 2013.
On June 27, 2013, he was traded to the Atlanta Hawks in a draft night deal. During his sophomore season, he had multiple assignments with the Bakersfield Jam. On February 22, 2014, he was waived by the Hawks.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "#1 Jared Cunningham". osubeavers.com. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Oregon State Beavers basketball: Jared Cunningham declares for the NBA draft (video)". OregonLive.com. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Mavs sign first-rounder Jared Cunningham". ESPN.com. July 21, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Jared Cunningham assigned to Texas Legends". ESPN.com. December 11, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Mavericks recall Jared Cunningham". ESPN.com. December 31, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- "Dallas Mavericks Re-Assign Jared Cunningham to NBA D-League Affiliate Texas Legends". NBA.com. January 28, 2013. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
- Mavericks recall Jared Cunningham from D-League again
- Atlanta Hawks 2013 Draft Central
- 2013-14 NBA Assignments
- Atlanta Hawks waive Jared Cunningham
- KINGS SIGN JARED CUNNINGHAM TO 10-DAY CONTRACT
- KINGS SIGN JARED CUNNINGHAM FOR REMAINDER OF THE SEASON
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Jared Cunningham on Twitter