Padalecki at Comic-Con in 2011
|Born||Jared Tristan Padalecki
July 19, 1982
San Antonio, Texas, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Genevieve Padalecki (m. 2010)|
Jared Tristan Padalecki (born July 19, 1982) is an American actor. He grew up in Texas and rose to fame in the early 2000s after appearing on the television series Gilmore Girls as well as in several Hollywood films, including New York Minute and House of Wax. Padalecki plays Sam Winchester on The CW television series Supernatural.
He was a 2000 candidate for the Presidential Scholars Program. In 1998, Padalecki and his partner Chris Cardenas won the National Forensic League national championship in Duo Interpretation. Padalecki won Fox Broadcasting's 1999 "Claim to Fame Contest"; he subsequently appeared at the Teen Choice Awards, where he met an agent. After graduating from high school in 2000, he moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue an acting career, although he had originally planned to attend the University of Texas.
Padalecki's first role was a minor role in the 1999 film A Little Inside. In 2000, he was cast as Dean Forester on the television series Gilmore Girls, a role he played until 2005. Throughout the early 2000s, he also appeared in several made-for-television films, including Silent Witness, Close to Home, and the Disney Channel Original Movie A Ring of Endless Light.
Padalecki had an uncredited role as a high school bully in 2003's comedy Cheaper by the Dozen, which he played after being asked by fellow actor and friend Tom Welling, who played the part of Charlie Baker, and the director of the movie, who wanted someone larger than Charlie to pick on him. Padalecki originally auditioned for Welling's role, but gave it up in order to film a pilot titled Young MacGyver which was never picked up. In 2004, he appeared in the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen comedy New York Minute as Trey Lipton, a cute boy to whom the Olsens' characters are attracted. He also landed a short role in the thriller Flight of the Phoenix alongside Dennis Quaid and Hugh Laurie. In 2005, Padalecki starred opposite Elisha Cuthbert, Chad Michael Murray and Paris Hilton in the horror film House of Wax in which he plays Wade, one of five teens who are slashed and killed. In the same year, Padalecki appeared in yet another horror film, Cry Wolf in which he played Tom.
The same year, Padalecki was cast as Sam Winchester on the CW series, Supernatural. Sam and his brother Dean (Jensen Ackles) drive throughout the United States hunting paranormal predators, sometimes with their father (Jeffrey Dean Morgan). The ninth season began broadcast on October 8, 2013 on the CW. The show is filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Padalecki also had the lead role in the horror remake Friday the 13th film alongside Danielle Panabaker, which opened on Friday, February 13, 2009. He plays Clay Miller, a character who heads out to the doomed Camp Crystal Lake in search of his sister who has gone missing.
Padalecki married his former Supernatural co-star Genevieve Cortese on February 27, 2010 in Sun Valley, Idaho. He and his wife are currently residing in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The couple have two sons: Thomas Colton Padalecki, born March 19, 2012, and Shepherd Padalecki, born December 22, 2013.
|1999||Little Inside, AA Little Inside||Matt Nelson|
|2000||Do Not Disturb||Sam||TV movie|
|2001||Close to Home||TV movie|
|2002||Ring of Endless Light, AA Ring of Endless Light||Zachery Gray||TV movie|
|2003||Cheaper by the Dozen||High School Bully||Uncredited|
|2004||New York Minute||Trey Lipton|
|2004||Flight of the Phoenix||John Davis|
|2005||House of Wax||Wade||Nominated–Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie: Breakout Male|
|2007||House of Fears||J.P.||Uncredited|
|2008||Christmas Cottage||Thomas Kinkade|
|2009||Friday the 13th||Clay Miller|
|2000–2005||Gilmore Girls||Dean Forester||63 episodes
Nominated–Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actor: Drama
|2001||ER||Paul Harris||Episode: "Piece of Mind"|
|2003||Young MacGyver||Clay MacGyver||"Pilot"; never picked up|
|2005–present||Supernatural||Sam Winchester||Lead Role
Nominated–Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actor: Drama
Nominated–Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actor: Sci-Fi/Fantasy (2011, 2012)
Nominated–SFX Award for Best TV Actor
|2007||Room 401||Himself||Cancelled after 8 episodes|
|2011||Supernatural: The Anime Series||Sam Winchester||Voice role, 22 episodes|
- "Jared Padalecki: Biography". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2013-12-24.
- "Jared Padalecki Biography". FilmReference.com.
- "Jared Padalecki interview". The Bonnie Hunt Show. February 10, 2009.
- "Schwan Duo Interpretation" (PDF). The H.B. Mitchell Trophy. National Forensic League. p. 5. Retrieved 2007-03-31.
- "Interview with Bonnie Hunt".
- Keith, Amy Elisa (November 29, 2005). 26334,1133515,00.html "Celebrity Q&A: Jared Padalecki". People magazine. Time-Warner. Retrieved 2006-11-29.
- "Room 401: Cast Bios".
- "Friday the 13th: Jared Padalecki". SuicideGirls.com. January 9, 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- Godwin, Jennifer, Jared Padalecki and Genevieve Cortese Are Engaged, EOnline.com, 6 Jan 2010. Accessed 14 Feb 2009.
- Kubicek, John, Notes from the Supernatural 100th episode party, BuddyTV.com, 2 February 2010. Quote: "Jared Padalecki talking sweetly about his recent engagement to former co-star Genevieve Cortese" Accessed 14 February 2010.
- Eng, Joyce (March 20, 2012). "Supernatural's Jared Padalecki Welcomes a Son". TV Guide. Retrieved March 20, 2012.
- "Jared Padalecki Names Newborn Son Thomas Colton!". US Weekly. March 21, 2012.
- Michaud, Sarah (December 23, 2013). "Jared Padalecki Welcomes Second Son". People. Retrieved 2013-12-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jared Padalecki.|