|Birth name||Jared Slingerland|
January 16, 1984 |
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
|Genres||Electronic, Industrial metal, Punk rock|
|Instruments||Guitar, Programming, Keyboards|
|Labels||Metropolis, Nettwerk Records|
|Associated acts||Front Line Assembly
Left Spine Down
Jared Slingerland (born January 16, 1984) is a Canadian guitarist and electronic musician based in Vancouver, British Columbia. He is best known as a member of the production team Knifed and electro-industrial band Front Line Assembly (FLA).
Slingerland was born in Kelowna, British Columbia, where his father (Glen Slingerland) was a local radio announcer on CKIQ. The family relocated to Calgary, Alberta shortly after his birth, when his father secured an on-air position at CHR radio station (AM106). During his childhood in Calgary, Slingerland attended his first music concert, featuring Canadian band Barenaked Ladies.
After eleven years in Calgary, the family relocated to the Metro Vancouver (Abbotsford, BC) area. Slingerland began playing various instruments[example needed] in his early teen years, ultimately excelling with the guitar. In his late teenage years, Slingerland formed a goth nu-metal project, called Ms. Anne Thropy. Producer Jeremy Inkel later joined the project and the two worked together in his home studio. Shortly thereafter, Ms. Anne Thropy disbanded. Inkel and Slingerland continued to write music together for various projects (including a trip-hop project).
2004 - 2007
In early 2004, Left Spine Down asked Slingerland to join the fold. In late 2005, he began working with Front Line Assembly to provide guitar elements in the studio. Shortly after the recording was complete, Slingerland was asked to tour North America and Europe as an official band member of FLA, supporting the Artificial Soldier album.
Slingerland has continued working with both bands. In 2007, he toured North America and Europe with FLA and worked on the their follow-up EP Fallout, while also finishing work on LSD's first full-length album Fighting for Voltage.
- Front Line Assembly - Artificial Soldier (2006, Metropolis)
- Left Spine Down - Fighting for Voltage (2008, Synthetic Sounds)
- Front Line Assembly - Improvised Electronic Device (2010, Dependent Records / Metropolis)
- Delerium - Music Box Opera (2012, Nettwerk)
- Front Line Assembly - AirMech Soundtrack (2012, Valve / Steamworks)
- Front Line Assembly - Echogenetic (2013, Dependent Records / Metropolis)
- Phildel - The Glass Ghost (2014 Decca Records)
- Front Line Assembly - Fall Out (2007, Metropolis)
- Left Spine Down - Smart Bomb (EP) (2007, Synthetic Sounds)
- Mindless Self Indulgence - Straight to Video: The Remixes (2006, Metropolis)
- "Tribute to Our Boss, Glen Slingerland". MyChilliwackNews.com. 1 December 2010. Retrieved 28 February 2012.