|Full name||Jarosław Fojut|
|Date of birth||17 October 1987|
|Place of birth||Legionowo, Poland|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre Back|
|2007–2008||→ Luton Town (loan)||16||(2)|
|2008||→ Stockport County (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:38, 2 May 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Jarosław Fojut (born 17 October 1987) is a Polish footballer who plays as a centre back for Scottish Premiership side Dundee United. Fojut began his career in England, where he played for Bolton Wanderers and also spent time on loan with Luton Town and Stockport County. He subsequently returned to Poland with Śląsk Wrocław and also played for Tromsø IL in Norway prior to joining Dundee United in 2014. He has also competed at youth international level up to the Poland under-23 team.
Fojut joined Bolton Wanderers in 2004. The defender made his first senior appearance for Bolton as a substitute (to replace Khalilou Fadiga), during the FA Cup Third Round 3–0 victory against Watford at Vicarage Road in 2006. His Premier League debut came in the 1–1 draw against Portsmouth at Fratton Park. He made a total of four appearances for the first team, as well as becoming captain of the reserve team.
On 31 August 2007, he joined League One side Luton Town on loan until 1 January 2008. He made his debut for Luton in the Football League Trophy match against Northampton Town on 4 September. He scored his first goal on 27 November in a 2–0 away win against Brentford in the FA Cup and followed that up a week later with his first league goal in a 1–1 tie away to Oldham Athletic. He scored his third and final goal for Luton in a 2–1 win over Port Vale on 29 December 2007.
Fojut garnered much praise during his loan spell, Luton manager Kevin Blackwell describing the young defender's performances as "colossal", however, his stay could not be extended, with all loan players being required to return to their parent clubs when Luton was placed in administration.
Stockport County (loan)
On 11 February 2009, Fojut signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with Śląsk Wrocław in the Polish Ekstraklasa. On 17 January 2012, Fojut signed a pre-contract agreement with Scottish Premier League club Celtic. Fojut was due to join the club at the start of the 2012–13 Scottish Premier League season, but he suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury while playing for Śląsk Wrocław. Celtic then decided to cancel their contract offer to Fojut.
On 11 December 2012 the player and his agents were observed in Tromsø, Norway for negotiations with Tippeligaen club Tromsø IL. On 21 December the club could inform the public that an agreement for 2.5 years had been reached with Fojut. While warming up ahead of the league-match against Strømsgodset on 29 June 2013, Fojut crashed with an advertising board and broke his nose and was unable to play the match. He was released by Tromsø in the summer of 2014 and subsequently joined Scottish club Dundee United.
On 14 July 2014, Fojut signed a two-year contract with Scottish Premiership side Dundee United. He made his debut on 10 August 2014, in a 3–0 win against Aberdeen. He scored his first goal for the club later that month in another 3–0 win, this time against St Mirren.
- As of 2 May 2015
|Luton Town (loan)||2007–08||16||2||3||1||2||0||2||0||23||3|
|Stockport County (loan)||2008–09||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||3||0|
- "Watford 0–3 Bolton". BBC Sport. 7 January 2006. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "Portsmouth 1–1 Bolton". BBC Sport. 1 February 2006. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- Liam Chronnell (12 February 2009). "Fojut is homeward bound". The Bolton News. Retrieved 13 February 2009.[dead link]
- Blackwell Swoops For Loan Defender Official website of Luton Town, 31 August 2007
- "Brentford 0–2 Luton". BBC. 27 November 2007. Retrieved 23 November 2009.
- "Oldham 1–1 Luton". BBC. 4 December 2007. Retrieved 23 November 2009.
- "Port Vale 1–2 Luton". BBC. 29 December 2007. Retrieved 23 November 2009.
- Fojut Earns Blackwell's Praise Official website of Bolton Wanderers, 2 January 2008
- Fojut Heads To Stockport Official website of Bolton Wanderers, 9 October 2008
- "Transferowy hit Śląska Wrocław! Jarosław Fojut w Śląsku!". SlaskWroclaw.pl (in Polish). 11 February 2009. Retrieved 11 February 2009.[dead link]
- "Fojut Heads Home". Bolton Wanderers F.C. 12 February 2009. Retrieved 12 February 2009.
- "Former Bolton and Poland youth defender Fojut to link up with Celtic in the summer". Daily Mail. 17 January 2012. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- McGregor, Derek (13 May 2012). "Hoops pull the plug on crock Fojut". The Scottish Sun (News International). Retrieved 13 May 2012.
- "TIL forhandler med polsk stopper". Nordlys (Norwegian). 11 December 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Dette er TILs nye midtstopper". Nordlys (Norwegian). 21 December 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- Nilsen, Sondre; Opsahl, Per (29 June 2013). "Tromsø-stopper brakk nesa etter reklameskilt-kollisjon" (in Norwegian). Verdens Gang. Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- "United sign defender Fojut.". Dundee United. 14 July 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- McLeod, Liam (10 August 2014). "Aberdeen 0-3 Dundee Utd". BBC Sport. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- "Scottish Premiership: Dundee United beat St Mirren 3-0 to stay third". Sky Sports. 30 August 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- Soccerway profile
- "Poland 4-1 Belgium". UEFA. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Jaroslaw FOJUT". FIFA. Retrieved 17 July 2014.