Jaroslav Drobný (footballer)
Drobný with Hertha in 2009.
|Full name||Jaroslav Drobný|
|Date of birth||18 October 1979|
|Place of birth||Počátky, Czechoslovakia|
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 3 1⁄2 in)|
|2005–2006||→ ADO Den Haag (loan)||12||(0)|
|2007||→ VfL Bochum (loan)||17||(0)|
|1997–1998||Czech Republic U18||6||(0)|
|1997||Czech Republic U20||1||(0)|
|1999–2002||Czech Republic U21||16||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 February 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Jaroslav Drobný (born 18 October 1979) is a Czech international football goalkeeper who currently plays for Bundesliga football club Hamburger SV. He has played for the Hamburg based club since Summer 2010. Drobný has previously played for České Budějovice, Panionios, ADO Den Haag, VfL Bochum, Ipswich Town and Hertha BSC.
Drobný's first club was local club SK Chrudium. In his first season he signed a contract with his former team's rivals, FC Vitkovice. The next step was the First Division club S.K. České Budějovice. He spent his first professional years there from 1999 till 2002.
In 2005, he was spotted by Fulham, and in the summer, the club having sold Edwin van der Sar, he was bought by the West London club. However, Drobný was injured shortly after his arrival, and upon returning to fitness failed to get into the team. He was loaned for half a season to the Dutch club ADO Den Haag. When he returned his contract was terminated by mutual consent in August 2006, without Drobný having played a first-team game for the club.
Drobný immediately took over the position on goal from the unlucky Danish keeper Peter Skov-Jensen. On 27 January 2007, he made his Bundesliga debut with VfL Bochum against Mainz. Drobný played a good season. So after that season the financially stronger club Hertha BSC made him an offer he could not refuse. Since the 2007–08 season, he has played in the German capital. After a strong 2008–09 season, in which Hertha lead the Bundesliga for five matchdays, Hertha finished in last placed in the 2009–10 season, and Drobný left the club to join Hamburger SV.
He has played 16 times for the Czech national team's under-21 side, but his opportunities have been limited in the full squad. On 11 February 2009, Drobný made his debut for the senior team in a 0–0 draw against Morocco.
- "Jaroslav Drobny signs". Fulham Official Website. 10 June 2005. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Drobnu goes Dutch". Fulham Official Website. 1 February 2006. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Tactical Formation". Football-Lineups.com. Retrieved 13 March 2008.
- "Drobny-Wechsel perfekt: "Ich freue mich auf die Herausforderung"" (in German). Hamburger SV. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jaroslav Drobný.|
- Jaroslav Drobný career stats at Soccerbase
- Jaroslav Drobný international stats at the Football Association of the Czech Republic website (Czech)
- Jaroslav Drobný (footballer) Czech First League statistics at Fotbal DNES (Czech)
- Jaroslav Drobný at fussballdaten.de (German)