Jasdev Singh is an Indian sports commentator. He was awarded Padma Shri in 1985 and Padma Bhushan in 2008. He has also been official commentator on Independence Day, and Republic Day parade broadcasts since 1963 for state run media, Doordarshan and also All India Radio. He joined All Indian Radio Jaipur in 1955, and moved to Delhi eight years, thereafter he was joined Doordarshan, where he has been working for over 35 years.
Over the years, he has covered nine Olympics, eight hockey World Cups and six Asian Games, and was awarded the Olympic Order, the highest award of the Olympic movement, by Juan Antonio Samaranch, IOC president.
- "For the 47th time, his familiar voice will take you through the R-Day parade - Thaindian News". Thaindian.com. 2009-01-25. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- "Padma Bhushan Awardees". Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.
- "A voice that continues to charm…". The Hindu. May 5, 2008.
- "Listen to a familiar voice". The Hindu. Aug 24, 2007.
- "DD, AIR go blank as 38,000 staffers strike". The Times of India. Nov 24, 2010.
- "OLYMPICS 2016: To Bid Or Not To Bid". Financial Express. Dec 28, 2003.
- "OC's slight hurts legendary commentator". The Times of India. Oct 17, 2010.
|This article about an Indian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|