|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
|Elevation||260 m (850 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Nearby villages are Tabhaghat, Kalipur, Deopura, Kusmaha, Sagdaha, Lodhradih, and Dharwadih.
As of 2001 India census, Jasidih had a population of 14,129. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Jasidih has an average literacy rate of 65%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 74%, and female literacy is 54%. In Jasidih, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
It is located on Howra-Delhi (Railway) MainLine.
Jasidih is also well connected by road to neighboring cities including Jamui, Banka, Bhagalpur, Dumka, Giridih, and Godda. There are frequent local trains from Jasidih to Deoghar. There also exists autorikshas car service day and night from Jasidih station.
Places of Interest
- Arogya Bhawan (Near Janardhan Colony)
- Pagal Baba Ashram
- Kamal Sarovar Madhuwagada
- So many ancient Haveli
Jasidih has a small market area. This market has basic amenities like food, medicine and liquor shops.
Birla Institute Of Technology, Deoghar is one of the extension centers of BIT Mesra, Ranchi and is located at Jasidih.
- Ram Rudra Prasad Deo, who served as Principal District Judge in many districts of Jharkhand is from Jasidih.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Jasidih
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|