|Born||Jasmia Tyshier Robinson
21 April 1987
Hackney, East London
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
|Manager||Charles&Ko Model Agency|
Jasmia Tyshier Robinson (born 21 April 1987) is a model and singer. Robinson came 3rd in the second series of Britain's Next Top Model which also featured Abbey Clancy. Robinson has worked with the likes of L’Oreal, Sensationnel and Burberry. Robinson is now developing a music career and writes for NXG Magazine with a regular feature. After that, Robinson joined the eighteenth cycle of ANTM, but she was eliminated first or 14th place, Tyra noted she wasn't strong in ANTM but strong in BNTM.
Robinson was born in Hackney, East London, to a Scottish mother and a father of Jamaican descent. Robinson is the second youngest of 10 siblings. At 4 months old Robinson’s family moved to Highgate, North London, where she attended Ashmount Primary School and went on to Highgate Wood Performing Arts College. Robinson later trained to be a make-up artist at Barnet College, earning a diploma in Theatrical and Media Makeup. She also graduated from Harrow Wheald College completing an Art History course.
Britain’s Next Top Model, Cycle 2
Robinson applied to Living TV’s Britain's Next Top Model, Cycle 2 at 18. She successfully became a contestant and turned 19 when appearing for the show. In the show Robinson won three tasks the highest amount from all the contestants but was voted off in week 9 of the series, coming in third place to Abbey Clancy (2nd place) and Lianna Fowler.
In 2010 Robinson featured as one of the models at the 2010 Afro Hair and Beauty Show with the likes of model Annaliese Dayes.
After the show Robinson made TV appearances as a model on programs such as The Friday Night Project as one of rapper Kanye West's "Golden Girls" and on BBC 2's Never Mind the Buzzcocks as Beyoncé. In 2010 she appeared as an underwear model for Trinny and Susannah on The Alan Titchmarsh Show.
America's Next Top Model, Cycle 18
Robinson, amongst 6 other past Britain's Next Top Model contestants, appeared on the upcoming cycle of America's Next Top Model, Cycle 18 "British Invasion", which premiered on 29 February 2012. It involves 7 American model hopefuls against 7 British all-stars from Britain's Next Top Model. The other girls appearing are Louise Watts of Cycle 3, Catherine Thomas of Cycle 4, Ashley Brown, Annaliese Dayes, and Sophie Sumner of Cycle 5, and Alisha White of Cycle 6. Robinson was the first to be eliminated in the cycle.
In January 2011 Robinson appeared as a guest speaker at the Inspirational You event celebrating the success of young people.
In 2011 Robinson was amongst the headline acts at Flavour Live, performing her singles Diva Style and Ghetto Girl (cover).
- NXG Magazine, Issue 2, Sept,2010 p.18 www.nxgzine.co.uk/
- Anthony France (30 Jun 2008). "Next Top Model Boyfriend Knives". The Sun (London).
- Mr. Mahogany (2 June 2010). "Afro Hair and Beauty Live".
- Sade Says (March 2010). "Fashion Week Flashback".
- Lydall,Ross (30 July 2010). "Boris Johnsons London bike hire hit the streets'". Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Inspirational YOU - Saturday 29th January 2011". 4th-december-2010.
- BEFFTA Press Release (17 October 2009). "Star-Studded BEFFTA Awards makes History".
- Ethnicnow Press Release (2009-09-21). "Naomi Campbell, Dizzee Rascal, Levi Roots...BEFFTA AWARDS 2009".
- Flyer Newspaper (12 February 2011). "'Jasmia Robinson Raises the Roof'".