|Birth name||Jasmine Rae|
|Origin||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Genres||Country, Blues, Soul|
|Instruments||Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica|
|Labels||ABC Music / Universal Music Australia|
|Associated acts||Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson, Adam Brand, Miranda Lambert, Catherine Britt, Joe Nichols, Kellie Pickler, Kasey Chambers|
Jasmine Rae is an Australian Country singer and songwriter who is best known for her Australian Country Artists No. 1 and ARIA Top 40 albums If I Want To, Listen Here, her debut album Look It Up and her songs 'If I Want To', 'Just Don't Ask Me How I Am', 'First Song', 'I Faked It',' Hunky Country Boys', 'Country Singer' and 'I'll Try Anything' with US artist Joe Nichols. She has been nominated for 3 ARIA Awards and has won 2 CMC Music Awards.
In 2005 Jasmine Rae left high school and decided to learn more about making music, enrolling at Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE, where she studied and completed her Advanced Diploma in Music. At NMIT she met a wide range of Melbourne's musicians and became fully focused on her career as a vocalist, writer and performer.
In 2007 she appeared with Jazz Lasso, an alternate-country band in the Battle of the Bands with her older brother who plays bass for the band. Some of the songs she wrote for them later appeared on her debut album Look It Up.
In 2008 Rae auditioned for the Telstra Road to Tamworth she was already familiar with the competition from watching CMC however she had never auditioned before she won the Yarra Valley heat of the competition and eventually went on to win the entire event, winning the event gave her a record contract with ABC Music and allowed her to perform at the 2008 CMA music festival in Nashville.
Since then she has recorded her debut album Look It Up. The title track, "Look It Up" was later covered by American country artist Ashton Shepherd. Shepherd's version was released as a single in January 2011, and has since become a Top 20 hit on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Jasmine Rae toured with Brooks & Dunn in 2009.
Jasmine Rae then released the ARIA nominated Listen Here in March 2011, while touring with US country star Alan Jackson. The album debuted at #1 on the ARIA Australian Artists Country Chart and #35 on the ARIA Albums Chart. Five of her singles have topped the Australian Country singles charts.
In 2012 Australian Country Music fans voted Jasmine Rae, CMC OZ Artist of the Year.
In 2013 with the release of her third studio album If I Want To, the title track shot straight to the top of the CMC Top 30 Countdown chart and held strong for 4 weeks. The track also topped the Australian Country Radio charts. The follow up single 'Just Don't Ask Me How I Am' did the same in February 2014. Her duet with Kellie Pickler titled 'Bad Boys Get Me Good' topped the Australian Country Music Video charts in May 2014 and went to #3 on the radio charts.
The If I Want To album was nominated for an ARIA Award and Four Golden Guitar Awards - for Album of the Year, Top Selling Album of the Year, Single of the Year and Female Artist of the Year.
In March 2014, Jasmine Rae won her second CMC Music Award for 'Female Oz Artist of the Year.'
A duet she recorded with Adam Brand titled 'Quit This Time' then appeared on Brand's album "My Side of the Street" - released in August 2014.
Jasmine Rae will release her fourth album, titled "Heartbeat" through ABC Music / Universal Music Australia on May 15, 2015.
- Look It Up (6 September 2008)No. 59 AUS ARIA
- Look It Up Deluxe Edition CD/DVD (February 2010)
- Listen Here (4 March 2011) No. 35 AUS ARIA
- Santa's Little Helper (EP)' (December 2012)
- If I Want To (2 August 2013) No. 23 AUS ARIA
- Heartbeat (15 May 2015)
- "Country Singer" (2008) #1 Australian Country Radio
- "Look It Up" (2008) #1 Australian Country Radio
- "Pink Guitar" (2009) #3 Australian Country Radio
- "Hunky Country Boys" (2010) #1 Australian Country Radio
- "I'll Try Anything w/ Joe Nichols" (2011)#1 Australian Country Radio
- "I Faked It" (2011) #3 Australian Country Radio
- "If I Want To" (2013) #1 Australian Country Radio
- "Just Don't Ask Me How I Am" (2013) #1 Australian Country Radio
- "Bad Boys Get Me Good w/Kellie Pickler" (2014) #3 Australian Country Radio
- "Country Singer" (2008) #1 Australian Country Music Video
- "Look It Up" (2008) #1 Australian Country Music Video
- "Pink Guitar" (2009) #3 Australian Country Music Video
- "Can't a Girl Change Her Mind" (2010)
- "Hunky Country Boys" (2010) #1 Australian Country Music Video
- "I'll Try Anything" (2011) #1 Australian Country Music Video
- "I Faked It" (2011) #1 Australian Country Music Video
- "If I Want To" (2013) #1 Australian Country Music Video
- "Just Don't Ask Me How I Am" (2013) #1 Australian Country Music Video
- "Bad Boys Get Me Good w/ Kellie Pickler" (2014) #1 Australian Country Music Video
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jasmine Rae.|