Jason Bitner (born Glen Ellyn, Illinois) is an author and project producer currently living in Chicago, Illinois. He is the co-creator of Found Magazine, a show-and-tell project celebrating found notes, letters and other ephemera; the creator of Cassette from My Ex, a storytelling project about love and mixtapes; and producer for the documentary movie La Porte, Indiana, based on Bitner's book of the same title. Bitner's work has been widely published and reviewed, and has been featured in print, web, radio, and television appearances including The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, The Boston Globe, National Public Radio, and The New Yorker.
- ^ a b "The Accidental Historian of Laporte, Indiana". National Public Radio. December 26, 2006. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- ^ Wilson, Blake (December 23, 2009). "Living With Music: A Playlist by Jason Bitner". The New York Times. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- ^ Borrelli, Christopher (March 20, 2010). "Cassette from my Ex: writers ruminate on old mix tapes of long-gone relationships". The Chicago Tribune. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- ^ Ostriker, Rebecca (February 20, 2005). "Crazy and beautiful: a show of found images". The Boston Globe. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- ^ Crouch, Ian (November 11, 2009). "Mixed Feelings". The New Yorker. Retrieved March 23, 2010.