Jason Chan (rugby league)
January 26, 1984 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||184 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||102 kg (16 st 1 lb)|
|Position||Second-row, Prop, Centre|
|2008–2013||Papua New Guinea||8||2||0||0||8|
|As of 10 May 2014|
|Source: Rugby League Project
Jason Chan (born January 26, 1984 in Sydney, New South Wales) is a rugby league player for Hull Kingston Rovers after signing on loan from the Huddersfield Giants in the European Super League. At the international level, he has represented Papua New Guinea. He plays primarily as a second rower, but has filled in at centre and prop forward. He is of Chinese descent.
Super League career
Chan joined the Crusaders in 2009 as they embarked on their first Super League season. Chan played 23 games for Crusaders that season, including all three of their wins. In 2010, Chan maintained his position in first team, earning the number 12 jumper. Following the demise of the Crusaders, Chan joined the Huddersfield Giants, starting in 2012.
(For 2014 Super League season highlights, stats and results click on 2014 Super League season results)
In the lead up to the 2008 Rugby League World Cup, Chan was named to the Papua New Guinea training squad and subsequently was named to the final World Cup squad. He played in all three of Papua New Guinea's matches during the World Cup, scoring a single try for the Kumuls in their loss against England.
- "Jason Chan player profile". Crusaders RL. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- Mellars makes Wildcats move rleague.com, 1 August 2011
- "PNG name preliminary squad". RLWC.com. 2008-08-01. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "Wilshere handed Kumuls captaincy". BBC. 2008-10-14. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- "Rugby League World Cup 2008 Results". RLWC.com. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
- Kumuls named The National, 12 October 2009