Jason Hale (politician)
|MLA for Strathmore-Brooks|
|Preceded by||Arno Doerksen|
June 15, 1969 |
|Political party||Wildrose (2012–2014)
Alberta Progressive Conservatives (2014–present)
|Profession||Rancher/Oil and gas sector|
As the local MLA, Hale took the lead for the Wildrose Official Opposition when the XL Foods plant in Brooks was shut down due to contamination. Hale welcomed the takeover of the plant by JBS and called for a full investigation into the causes of the contamination.
Hale graduated from SAIT with a diploma in chemical technology. Hale was also a professional bullfighter for 10 years, a member of the Bassano Rodeo committee for the past eight years, and a director on the Bassano Ag Society for three years. He has regularly volunteered as a coach for hockey and baseball.
In May 2013, Hale and MLA Kerry Towle held a press conference along with residents of Brooks to criticize conditions at AgeCare facilities in Brooks and alleged seniors abuse had occurred. The pressure from Hale, Towle, Brooks residents and the Wildrose Party caused the Minister of Health Fred Horne to order an investigation into the alleged mistreatment.
|Alberta general election, 2012|
|Progressive Conservative||Arno Doerksen||5,737||39.11%|
|New Democratic||Brad Bailey||409||2.79%|
- Alberta Election 2012: Riding-by-riding results
- "Hale welcomes news of possible purchase of XL Foods, calls for food bank donations". Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "Hale welcomes news of beef exports resuming from XL Foods". Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "Jason Hale to focus on XL Foods in Edmonton". Strathmore Standard.
- "Legislative Assembly of Alberta Jason Hale biography". Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "Wildrose charges mistreatment at AgeCare centres". Brooks in the News. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "Alberta to probe seniors care in Brooks facilities". Calgary Herald. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "9 Wildrose MLAs, including Danielle Smith, cross to Alberta Tories". CBC News, December 17, 2014.
|This article about an Alberta politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|