Jason Kramer (born September 13, 1970) is an American radio personality and music supervisor best known for his work with the Santa Monica, California-based radio station KCRW and music agency, Elias Arts.
Early Life and Radio
Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Kramer graduated from Alexander Hamilton High School and worked as an EMT during the late 80s and early 90s. Starting in 1992, Kramer began pursuing his interest in radio and cut his teeth screening calls for the local radio station, KLOS. Since then, he has worked as a producer on Fox Sports Radio and a Digital Disc Jockey on Soundbreak.com programming, producing, and hosting his own 5-hour internet radio show. In 1997, he began working on air at KCRW 89.9 and currently hosts their Tuesday night show at midnight.
Music Supervision and other pursuits
In 1994, Kramer spent much of his time working with Skunk Records and the band Sublime, promoting their records for radio play and conducting surveys among college and commercial radio stations. In 1996, he moved on to become the Music Supervisor for Fox Sports Net for 6 years during which he was part of a team who selected music for sports programming and maintained and collected music cueing. This experience led him to become a co-producer and Board Engineer on Fox Sports Radio, producing programs such as the Adam Schein Show and Race Day on Fox.
Kramer currently holds the position of commercial concept Music Supervisor for the Santa Monica-based music agency, Elias Arts. There he has worked with clients such as Kia, Pepsi, Lexus, Toyota, and many others. He also curates an interview and recording session with popular artists that visit the Elias studio.
He has also worked in various other aspects of music including management, publishing, creative consulting, and music photography. He has spoken on several panels for Performing Rights Organizations such as ASCAP and SESAC, has appeared on the Internet TV show Weekly Comet as a segment producer and "pick of the week" host, and has produced live performances at Los Angeles venues such as Hotel Café and Echo featuring artists such as Liam Bailey, Barry Adamson, L.A. Guns, and Jimmy Scott.
- , http://www.kcrw.com/people/kramer_jason?role=host
- , http://eliasarts.com/elias-arts-hires-new-head-of-music-supervision-jason-kramer/
- , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CUjGJgrinI
- , http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/backbeat/1163800/backbeat-donovan-performs-with-devotchka-at-elias-arts
- , http://www.sesac.com/Events/seminars/bootcamp13.aspx
- , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZP1miO1DSA
- , http://www.antimusic.com/news/11/aug/ts17LA_Guns_Acoustic_Album_Coming.shtml
- , http://blogs.kcrw.com/musicnews/2011/07/jazz-legend-little-jimmy-scott-at-the-echo/
- , https://www.extension.ucla.edu/pages/InstructorBio.aspx?instid=30776