June 28, 1989 |
Jason William Krizan (born June 28, 1989) is an American baseball outfielder in the minor league system of the Detroit Tigers of Major League Baseball. Prior to being drafted by the Tigers, he played college baseball at Dallas Baptist University, where Krizan was named a First-Team All-American in his senior season.
Krizan attended Pflugerville High School in Pflugerville, Texas. At Pflugerville, he was named to the All-District Baseball Team all four years, the All-Central Texas Baseball Team as a junior in 2006 and as a senior in 2007, and the All-State Baseball Team by the Texas Sports Writers Association as a junior.
Krizan enrolled at Dallas Baptist University, where he played college baseball for the Dallas Baptist Patriots of the National Collegiate Athletic Association's (NCAA) Division I, competing as an independent program. Krizan played collegiate summer baseball for the Pittsfield Dukes of the New England Collegiate Baseball League after the 2008 season the Waterloo Bucks of the Northwoods League after the 2009 season, and the North Texas Copperheads of the Texas Collegiate League after the 2010 season.
As a senior in 2011, Krizan had a 39 game hitting streak, a Dallas Baptist record. He also set a NCAA Division I record with 39 doubles in 2011, besting the previous record of 36 shared by Brad Hawpe, Damon Thames and Jeremy Morris. Krizan led Dallas Baptist to its first NCAA Division I tournament victory. After the season, Krizan was named to the 2011 College Baseball All-America Teams of the American Baseball Coaches Association and Baseball America.
The Detroit Tigers drafted Krizan in the eighth round (257th overall) of the 2011 Major League Baseball Draft, and Krizan signed with the Tigers. He was assigned to the West Michigan Whitecaps of the Class-A Midwest League after he signed. Krizan played for West Michigan in 2012, and for the Lakeland Flying Tigers of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League in 2013.
- "All-Central Texas Team". Austin American-Statesman. June 23, 2006. p. C02. Retrieved February 15, 2012. (subscription required)
- "All-Central Texas High School Baseball". Austin American-Statesman. June 20, 2007. p. C02. Retrieved March 23, 2012. (subscription required)
- "TSWA All-State Baseball List". Longview News-Journal. July 13, 2006. Retrieved March 23, 2012. (subscription required)
- "Dukes survive late inning scares from SteepleCats to hang on 3–2". Iberkshires.com. February 9, 2012. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "Bucks rock Huskies' pitching". Duluth News Tribune. July 20, 2009. Retrieved February 15, 2012. (subscription required)
- "Generals top North Texas behind Colon's effort". Victoria Advocate. July 20, 2010. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "Fort Worth Regional: DBU stuns Oklahoma, 3-2, in 10 innings". Dallasnews.com. Associated Press. June 3, 2011. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "Dallas Baptist's Jason Krizan has 39-game hitting streak ended". ESPN.com. May 18, 2011. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "Big bats put Dallas Baptist in chase for CWS". USA Today. June 8, 2011. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "Krizan breaks NCAA doubles record: DBU senior hits 37th double of year in game against Alcorn St". NCAA.com. May 14, 2011. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "Dallas Baptist tops Oklahoma in 10th inning". Newsday. June 3, 2011. Retrieved March 23, 2012. (subscription required)
- 2011 "ABCA/Rawlings NCAA Division I All-American Teams". ABCA.org.
- "College: Awards: All-America Teams: 2011 College All-America Team". BaseballAmerica.com. June 15, 2011. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- "Detroit Tigers 2011 Draft Results". Major League Baseball. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- "Luis Castillo helps lift Whitecaps past TinCaps". The Grand Rapids Press. July 4, 2011. Retrieved March 23, 2012.
- "Dragons' road trip ends with setback". Springfield News-Sun. August 13, 2011. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- Career statistics and player information from The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Dallas Baptist University bio