||1974 (age 38–39)
||pop, dance, Electronic music
||producer, songwriter, remixer, DJ
||Universal Records, IDJ, Sony Music, RCA Records,Columbia Records, Atlantic Records, Interscope Records, Warner Bros Records, Ultra Records,Jive Records, Disney Records, Mercury Records, Hollywood Records, Capitol Records, Epic Records
||http://www.jasonnevins.com/, http://www.twitter.com/jasonnevins, http://www.facebook.com/therealjasonnevins
Jason Nevins (born 1974) is a songwriter, DJ, producer and remixer, who is most widely known for his pop dance productions, including his multi-platinum, multi-million selling production of It's Like That by US rap group Run-D.M.C..
In the early 1990s, Nevins began releasing singles under various monikers through various dance labels, but achieved global recognition in 1998 with his production of Run-DMC's "It's Like That" which was released under the title 'Run-DMC vs. Jason Nevins', reaching #1 in the Pop chart in over 30 countries, with close to 5 million worldwide sales and over 1 million in sales in both Germany and the United Kingdom. In the UK, the single also halted the Spice Girls (then record) run of six consecutive #1s with their first six singles, holding the Spice Girls' seventh release, "Stop", at #2. The record also knocked Elton John's "Candle In The Wind" from the #1 slot in the Pop charts. In 1998, Nevins won an RTL television #1 Single award for the famous TV show, Top Of The Pops. The same year he also won a Comet Award for the #1 Dance Act.
Nevins followed up "It's Like That" with a string of hip-house remixes, with Run-DMC's "Tricky", 2 Live Crew's "We Want Some..." and Cypress Hill's "Insane In The Brain"; all featuring on his 1999 Sony album, Uni-Vs-Al (Universal). In 2001, he pioneered the "dance-rock sound" by add a rock vibe to his remixes and productions, working on tracks for artists as varied as N.E.R.D, Duran Duran and The Bloodhound Gang. Nevins has also revisited producing his own work, with a release on the UK based Sanctuary Records, entitled The Funk Rocker, in October 2004, and reached Top 5 airplay in Europe with his pseudonym, UKNY, with the track "I'm In Heaven", featuring vocals by Holly James. "Heaven" went to #9 Pop in the UK chart. Also off the Sanctuary album, "Im The Main Man", which featured parts from T-Rex's Marc Bolan landed a Coors Light Beer ad throughout the UK & Ireland. Coors launched the massive ad campaign using Nevins' track as the featured music for their commercial and campaign. In 2007, Nevins collaborated with Dannii Minogue on "Touch Me Like That", with a video being shot at Pinewood Studios in London.
Over the years, Nevins has had numerous songs, producitons and remixes of his used in films, television advertisements and video games. Jason has had 37 Top 10 remixes & productions in the Billboard charts. In 2012, Nevins produced and co-wrote "I Believe In This Life" with Marius Moga (who has a song with Maroon 5) & Greg Holden (who wrote the hit song "Home" for Phillip Phillips)- a U.S. single for Jermaine Paul, the winner of the 2nd season of the massively popular TV show- The Voice on NBC. In 2013 Nevins produced the Top 40 version for the #1 selling Country group Florida Georgia Line's hit single "Cruise". His idea of adding Nelly to the record also helped propel it to the top of the charts. As of April 2013, the song went to # 2 on iTunes, has been Mediasbase's Most Added records at Top 40 and is playing in numerous markets at Top 40 radio, gaining listeners and adding stations daily.
Productions & Songwriting 
- Florida Georgia Line feat Nelly "Cruise" (Republic Nashville) [Produced Nelly remix version]
- Mika feat Ariana Grande- "Popular" (Universal Republic) [Produced & mixed main Ariana Grande remix version]
- Jermaine Paul - "I Believe In This Life" (Universal Republic)[Produced & Co-written]
- Vicci Martinez - "I Can Love" (Universal Republic)[Produced & Co-written]
- Vicci Martinez - "Hold Me Darlin'" (Universal Republic)[Produced & Co-written]
- Runner Runner - "Unstoppable" (Capitol)[Co-written]
- Duran Duran - "(Reach Up For The) Sunrise" - additional production on the album version [Additional Production]
- Chemistry - "Yoake-Dawn"(Sony Music Japan) [Co-written]
- Jason Nevins feat. Greg Nice - "Candyman" (Ultra)[Produced & Co-Written]
- Jason Nevins - "Open Ur Mind" (Ultra)[Produced & Co-Written]
- Jason Nevins vs. Dannii Minogue - "Touch Me Like That" (AATW)[Produced & Co-Written]
- Jason Nevins feat. Holly James - "Im In Heaven" (Free2Air/ Edel)[Wrote & Produced]
Albums (as artist) 
- 1993: Red/Green CD
- 2000: Uni-Vs-Al (Universal)
- 2003: Pushing It Hard
- 2005: The Funk Rocker
- 2006: Pushing It Harder: The Lost Tapes
DJ Mixed compilations 
Official remixes 
- A Flock of Seagulls- "I Ran"
- Adam Lambert- "Whataya Want From Me"
- Adam Lambert- "If I Had You"
- Agnes - "Release Me"
- Alina - "When You Leave (Numa Numa)"
- Amber - "Just Like That"
- Ameerah - "The Sound of Missing You"
- Anastacia - "Left Outside Alone", Pieces of a Dream", "Sick and Tired"
- Annet Artani - "Alive"
- Ashley Tisdale - "It's Alright, It's OK"
- Backstreet Boys - "As Long As You Love Me", "Helpless When She Smiles", "Inconsolable", "Just Want You To Know", "Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely","Straight Through My Heart"
- The Band Perry - "If I Die Young"
- The Bloodhound Gang - "Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo"
- Blue Man Group - "I Feel Love"
- Bon Jovi - "We Weren't Born To Follow"
- Britney Spears - "Break The Ice", "Early Mornin'", "Lucky" , "Womanizer"
- Britt Nicole - "Gold"
- Carly Rae Jepsen - "This Kiss"
- Carmen Reece - Right Here
- Celine Dion - "Taking Chances"
- Cee Lo Green - "Fuck You"
- Cher - "Woman's World"
- Chris Brown - "Forever", "Run It!"
- Christina Aguilera - "Keeps Gettin' Better"
- Christina Milian - "Us Against the World"
- Ciara featuring Justin Timberlake - "Love Sex Magic"
- Colbie Caillat - "Fallin' for You"
- Coldplay - "Viva La Vida"
- Cypress Hill - "Insane in the Brain"
- Dakota - Heart & Soul
- Dannii Minogue - "Put the Needle on It", "Touch Me Like That"
- Darren Hayes - "Pop!ular"
- David Archuleta - "A Little Too Not Over You", "Crush"
- Debi Nova - "Drummer Boy"
- Demi Lovato - "Here We Go Again"
- Donna Summer - "Stamp Your Feet"
- Duran Duran - "(Reach Up For The) Sunrise"
- Elvis Presley - "Rubberneckin"
- Enrique Iglesias - "I Like It"
- Falco - "Der Kommissar"
- Fergie - "Big Girls Don't Cry"
- Flo Rida featuring will.i.am - "In The Ayer"
- Girls Aloud - "The Promise"
- High School Musical 2 - All Songs for High School Musical 2: Non-Stop Dance Party
- Hinder - "Lips of an Angel"
- House of Pain - "Jump Around"
- Iyaz - "Replay"
- Insane Clown Posse - "Hokus Pokus"
- Janet Jackson - "I Get Lonely"
- Jay Sean - "Down"
- Jennifer Hudson - "No One Gonna Love You"
- Jessica Mauboy - "Burn"
- Jessie J - "Price Tag"
- Jessie James - "Wanted"
- Jo De La Rosa - "U Can't Control Me"
- Jonas Brothers - "When You Look Me in the Eyes"
- Jordin Sparks - "Battlefield", "I Am Woman", "One Step At A Time", "Tattoo", "S.O.S. (Let The Music Play)"
- Jordin Sparks featuring Chris Brown - "No Air"
- Justin Timberlake "Until The End Of Time"
- Kat Deluna - "Dance Bailalo"
- Katy Perry - "Hot n Cold", "I Kissed a Girl", "Waking Up in Vegas"
- Kelly Clarkson - "Because of You", "Behind These Hazel Eyes", "Never Again", "Since U Been Gone"
- Kevin Rudolf - I Made It
External links