Jason Orange on stage at a Take That concert ,Dublin, June 2011.
|Birth name||Jason Thomas Orange|
10 July 1970 |
Crumpsall, Greater Manchester, England
|Genres||Pop, pop rock, electronic|
|Occupations||Singer, dancer, musician, songwriter, actor.|
Jason Thomas Orange (born 10 July 1970) is an English singer-songwriter, dancer, musician and actor. He is a member of the pop band Take That who gained popularity in the 1990s and have enjoyed further success since their reunion in 2005.
Early life and education
He attended South Trafford College for two years beginning in 2001 and studied A-level English, and an access course including psychology, biology, and history though he did not progress onto higher education.
Orange joined the boyband Take That in November 1990 but the band split up in February 1996.
Orange then pursued a career in acting and appeared in the television thriller Killer Net in 1998, and the London stage production of Gob in 1999. He was the lead actor together with Tom Hayes in the play, which was written by Jim Kenworth, and directed by James Martin Charlton.
In 2005, Take That reformed as a four-piece band and released a new greatest hits album, followed in 2006 by their first studio album since 1995, Beautiful World. Orange contributed both songwriting and lead vocals on the album. In 2008, they released another studio album, The Circus. In 2010, the album Progress was released by the band as a five-piece. The band will release new material in 2014.
- Unknown author (Jan 22, 2009). "Take That on sex, suicide and Robbie’s UFOs". Metro. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- Katie Shimmon (31 January 2006). "Orange's college days". The Guardian (UK). Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- Gob - Jim Kenworth
- "Thesun.co.uk". The Sun (UK). 28 November 2006. Retrieved 30 May 2011. (subscription required)
- Dingwall, John (March 7, 2009). "Take That star Jason Orange says it's his turn now to Shine". Daily Record. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- "Jason Orange is Shameless". The Sun. 14 April 2013. Retrieved 31 August 2013. (subscription required)