|Birth name||Jason Thomas Orange|
10 July 1970 |
Crumpsall, Manchester, England, UK
|Genres||Pop, pop rock, electronic|
|Occupations||Singer, dancer, musician, songwriter, actor.|
Jason Thomas Orange (born 10 July 1970) is a former English singer-songwriter, dancer, musician and actor. He was a member of Take That during their original run in the early nineties and again following their reunion in 2005. He left the group in 2014.
Early life and education
He attended South Trafford College for two years beginning in 2001 and studied A-level English, and an access course including psychology, biology, and history though he did not progress onto higher education.
Orange joined the boyband Take That in November 1990 but the band split up in February 1996.
Orange then pursued a career in acting and appeared in the television thriller Killer Net in 1998, and the London stage production of Gob in 1999. He was the lead actor together with Tom Hayes in the play, which was written by Jim Kenworth, and directed by James Martin Charlton.
In 2005, Take That reformed as a four-piece band and released a new greatest hits album, followed in 2006 by their first studio album since 1995, Beautiful World. Orange contributed both songwriting and lead vocals on the album. In 2008, they released another studio album, The Circus. In 2010, the album Progress was released by the band as a five-piece. On 24 September 2014, it was announced that he has left the band.
- Unknown author (22 January 2009). "Take That on sex, suicide and Robbie’s UFOs". Metro. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- Katie Shimmon (31 January 2006). "Orange's college days". The Guardian (UK). Retrieved 30 May 2011.
- Gob - Jim Kenworth
- "Thesun.co.uk". The Sun (UK). 28 November 2006. Retrieved 30 May 2011. (subscription required)
- Dingwall, John (7 March 2009). "Take That star Jason Orange says it's his turn now to Shine". Daily Record. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- O'Mance, Brad (24 September 2014). "Jason Orange has left Take Thatpublisher=Popjustice". Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Jason Orange is Shameless". The Sun. 14 April 2013. Retrieved 31 August 2013. (subscription required)