|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 18th district
55th (2009 – 2013)
January 12, 2009
|Preceded by||Clarence Hoffman|
|Born||November 27, 1972|
|Children||Josie and Camryn|
|Profession||Farmer, Insurance Adjuster|
Jason M. Schultz (born November 27, 1972) is the Iowa State Representative from the 18th District. A Republican, he has served in the Iowa House of Representatives since 2009. He lives in Schleswig, Crawford County.
Schultz worked as an insurance adjuster at Farmers Mutual Insurance Association in Schleswig and has farmed near Schleswig with his father DeWayne Schultz. For the past 11 years Schultz has been serving as a volunteer firefighter in Schleswig, and served seven years in the Iowa National Guard. He is a retiring member of the Horn Memorial Hospital Foundation in the fall of 2007. In 2011 he endorsed Republican Presidential Candidate Ron Paul.
As of January 2013[update], Schultz serves on several committees in the Iowa House - the Economic Growth, Environmental Protection, and Labor committees. He also serves as the chair of the Local Government committee and as a member of the Administration and Regulation Appropriations Subcommittee.
Jason is serving his third term in the Iowa House. He was first elected in 2008.
Jason farms with his parents as they have together for the last 18 years. Jason served seven years in the Iowa National Guard. He has also served as a volunteer firefighter for the Schleswig Volunteer Fire Department for 13 years, serving two of those as the Department’s Chief. He has been and continues to be a member of the Horn Memorial Hospital Foundation.
Jason and his wife, Amy, have been married for 13 years and have two daughters: Josie and Camryn. They are members of Immanuel Lutheren Church in Schleswig where Jason serves as an elder, a Sunday School Teacher, and is also one of two Sunday School Superintendents.
|Iowa House of Representatives primary elections, 2008 
|Don C. Freidrichsen||Republican||844||40.44%|
|Iowa House of Representatives general elections, 2008 
|Republican hold||Jason Schultz||Republican||unopposed|
|Iowa House of Representatives primary elections, 2010 
|Iowa House of Representatives general elections, 2010 
|Republican hold||Jason Schultz*||Republican||unopposed|
|Iowa House of Representatives primary elections, 2012 
|Iowa House of Representatives general elections, 2012 
|Republican (newly redistricted)||Jason Schultz*||Republican||8,351||58.83%|
- "Paul gets big endorsement ahead of crucial Iowa contest". CNN. July 25, 2011.
- "Official Results Report - Statewide, 2008 Primary Election-06-03-2008 Party: All" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. 2008-06-19. p. 184. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "State of Iowa Official Canvass Summary, November 4, 2008 General Election" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 49. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "Official Results Report, 2010 Primary Election held Tuesday, June 8th 2010" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. 2010-07-01. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "Official Results Report, General Election held Tuesday, November 2nd 2010" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. 2010-11-23. p. 96. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "2012 Primary Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 96. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "2012 General Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 64. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jason Schultz.|
- Representative Jason Schultz official Iowa General Assembly site
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Iowa House Republicans
|Iowa House of Representatives|
2009 – 2013
2013 – present