|Jasper Conran OBE|
Conran in 2004
|Born||12 December 1959|
Conran's birth parents filed for divorce when he was two years of age.
Conran's first collection was for Henri Bendel in New York, US. In 1979, aged 19, Conran designed his first womenswear collection under his own name. The following year he was elected to be part of the London Designer collections. Conran designed his first menswear collection in 1985.
In 1996, Conran launched a womenswear range for the Debenhams chain of department stores in the UK. He has subsequently designed women's accessories, lingerie, hosiery, menswear, men's accessories, childrenswear, homeware and luggage for the company.
In 2004, Conran designed and launched a three-range fireplace collection for Chesney's.
Jasper Conran Optical
Conran is the chairman and chief executive of Jasper Conran Holdings Ltd, in addition to fulfilling a non-executive director role with Conran Holdings Ltd.
Throughout his career, Conran has pursued his passion for the performing arts—he has designed costumes and sets for fourteen ballet, opera and theatre productions.
Conran collaborated with David Bintley on the Royal Ballet's production of Tombeaux, held at Covent Garden, and a series of productions by the Birmingham Royal Ballet, including The Nutcracker Sweeties, Brahms/Handel Variations, The Shakespeare Suite and Arthur Part I & II. He also designed the set and costumes for Bintley's The Compleat Consort, produced for the Bayerisches Staatsballett in Munich, Germany.
- 1982: Fil d'Or International Linen Award
- 1983: Fil d'Or International Linen Award
- 1986: Designer of the Year by the British Fashion Council
- 1987: Fashion Group of America Award
- 1991: The Laurence Olivier Award for 'Costume Designer of the Year' – Jean Anouilh's "The Rehearsal"
- 1991: The British Fashion Council's British Collections Award
- 2003: 'The Prince's Medal', Homes and Gardens Classic Design Award
- 2005: The Design and Decoration 'Objects of Desire' Award
- 2006: Homes and Gardens 'Classic Design' Award
- 2008: Appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE)
- 2011: Condé Nast Traveller:Innovation & Design Award for 'Style on the Move' with Tripp Luggage 
Conran is an Honorary Doctor of Letters at Heriot-Watt University, a Visiting Professor at the University of the Arts London and an Honorary Doctor of Civil Law at the University of East Anglia. He has also served several times on the British Fashion Council.
Conran is openly gay and, in 2009, he was ranked number 66 in the annual Pink List of 100 influential gay and lesbian people in Britain, published by The Independent on Sunday. In 2010, this list described him as a "National Treasure".
- Country. Conran Octopus, 2010. ISBN 1-84091-518-8
- Tim Walker (21 September 2012). "Terence Conran surprises Jasper Conran by making him his heir". The Telegraph. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Jasper Conran (9 January 2011). "Jasper Conran: I would make Kate Middleton a very vision of English style'". Telegraph. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- "Top 10 Wedding Gowns: Lady Sarah Chatto". Order of Splendor.
- "Jasper Conran designs Stuart Crystal". Independent.ie. 4 May 1999. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Grant Ringshaw (4 March 2001). "Waterford Wedgwood adds Westwood". Telegraph. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Peter Koenig (14 December 1997). "Debenhams gets a brand new image". Independent. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Iain R Webb (14 July 2008). "Jasper Conran: Designs for life". Independent. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "The sweet smell of success" The Independent[dead link]
- "GH Institute". allaboutyou. Hearst Magazines UK. July 2010. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Jasper Conran has gone to Specsavers". Optician. Reed Business Information Limited. 1. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Nicola Harrison (9). "Jasper Conran appointed chairman of Conran Shop". RetailWeek. EMAP Ltd. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Jasper Conran" The Book Show[dead link]
- JasperConranvideo (23). "Jasper Conran costume design for My Fair Lady". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Jasper Conran" (PDF). London Fashion Week 2012. London Fashion Week 2012. 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Tim Walker (20 March 2008). "Picture Post: The Palace catwalk, 19.03.08". The Independent. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "Innovation & Design Awards 2011: the winners" Condé Nast Traveller
- Campbell, Denis; "Gays who shape our new Britain" The Guardian, accessed 28 December 2006
- "The Pink List 2007: The IoS annual celebration of the great and the gay". The Independent on Sunday. 6 May 2007.
- "The Pink List 2010" The Independent on Sunday
- Jasper Conran Website
- Jasper Conran Chronology
- Jasper Conran Journal (blog)
- Jasper Conran Womenswear
- Jasper Conran at the Fashion Model Directory
- Jasper Conran at Wedgwood UK Website
- Jasper Conran at Wedgwood USA Website
- The Architecture Foundation
- The Age article
- Flamboyant fashion designer blazes a trail to Chiswick