|Born||April 2, 1804
|Died||February 4, 1882
|Residence||7 Rue Mignet
|Relatives||Salomon Bédarrides (brother)
Benjamin Abram (nephew)
Jassuda Bédarrides was born in a Jewish family on April 2, 1804 in Aix-en-Provence. He had a brother, Salomon Bédarrides, who went on to serve as the Mayor of Aix-en-Provence from 1877 to 1884. He also had a sister, Précieuse Bédarrides, who married Abraham Abram, a Jewish businessman from Marseille; their son, Benjamin Abram (1846-1938), went on to serve as the Mayor of Aix-en-Provence from 1888 to 1896.
A supporter of the Republic, he embarked upon a career in politics. He served as the Mayor of Aix-en-Provence from March 12, 1848 to May 18, 1849. As such, he became the first Jewish Mayor of this city. In April 1848, he planted the Tree of Freedom on the Place des Precheurs to celebrate the French Republic. During his tenure, he also commissioned the construction of new buildings for factory workers and a new slaughterhouse (demolished and now the Pasino), as well as the restoration of a lycee and of a museum. He also served on the General Council
He resided at number 7 on the Rue Bellegarde (now known as the Rue Mignet) in Aix.
He died on February 4, 1882 in Aix-en-Provence.
- Traité des faillites et banqueroutes ou commentaire de la loi du 28 mai 1838
- Traité du dol et de la fraude en matière civile et commerciale
- De la lettre de change, des billets à ordre et de la prescription
- Des achats et ventes
- Des chemins de fer au point de vue du transport des voyageurs et des marchandises
- Charles Cohen, Les Grandes Figures du barreau d'Aix-en-Provence, Paris: Société des Écrivains, 2004, p. 154.
- Les Rues d'Aix
- Gilles Pollet, Élites et pouvoirs locaux: la France du Sud-Est sous la Troisième République : actes des journées d'études, Lyon, 21 et 22 mars 1996, Presses universitaires de Lyon, 1999, p. 189 
- L'Univers israélite: journal des principes conservateurs du judaisme, 1832, p. 408 
- Paul Masson, Les Bouches-du-Rhône: encyclopédie départementale, Archives départmentales des Bouches-du-Rhône, 1929, Volume 5, p. 261 
- Google Maps
|Mayor of Aix-en-Provence