|Human trafficking co-ordinator for British Columbia|
|Royal Canadian Mounted Police|
Corporal Jassy Bindra is the human trafficking co-ordinator for the British Columbia division of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). She emphasizes the importance of knowing the indicators that identify human trafficking victims; namely, their lack of access to their visas, their looking to their employers before speaking, their inability or refusal to speak English, and their frequent relocation. In 2011, she stated that there were more than 30 ongoing investigations into human trafficking across Canada. At the thirteenth national conference of the Metropolis Project in 2011, she led a workshop called "RCMP Practices and Perspectives on Human Trafficking". In March 2012, she spoke at the Nanaimo Campus of Vancouver Island University about human trafficking in Canada. More specifically, she discussed what members of the public can do to combat human trafficking, what the government is doing about human trafficking, and how to recognize a human trafficking victim. Later that month, she delivered a presentation about human trafficking at the Chilliwack city hall in conjunction with Stop Sexual Exploitation of Youth Awareness Week. The presentation lasted two hours and was open to the public. That September, she appeared on a panel discussion about human trafficking in conjunction with a performance of Andrew Kooman's She Has a Name in Vancouver. The following month, she was a guest speaker at the launch of the Awareness-Raising Project to Combat Human Trafficking, also in Vancouver.
- Sarah Douziech (August 14, 2011). "Human trafficking a problem 'in our own backyard': RCMP". National Post. Retrieved October 14, 2012.
- Shannon van Roekel. "Take a stand against human trafficking". Light Magazine. Retrieved October 14, 2012.
- Sarah Douziech (August 15, 2011). "Human trafficking 'in our own backyard'". Federal Accountability Initiative for Reform. Retrieved October 14, 2012.
- "Metropolis 2011". Metropolis Project. 2011. Retrieved October 14, 2012.
- "Human Trafficking". Vancouver Island University. March 6, 2012. Retrieved October 14, 2012.
- "Seminar looks at trafficking". Nanaimo Bulletin. March 1, 2012. Retrieved October 14, 2012.
- Tyler Olsen (March 27, 2012). "Human trafficking is just a modern-day form of slavery". Chilliwack Times. Retrieved October 14, 2012.
- Desmond Devnich (March 5, 2012). "Stop the Sexual Exploitation of Our Children and Youth Aware". Downtown Chilliwack. Retrieved October 14, 2012.
- Lisa Barrett (September 8, 2012). "She Has A Name". Plank Magazine. Retrieved September 19, 2012.
- "Awareness-Raising Project to Combat Human Trafficking". Multilingual Orientation Service Association for Immigrant Communities. October 11, 2012. Retrieved October 14, 2012.