Llambi in a 2013 game for ONCE against Getafe
|Born||February 25, 1974|
Jaume Llambi Riera (born February 25, 1974) is a wheelchair basketball player and table tennis player from Spain. A paraplegic as a result of a car accident when he was 8 years old, he went on to represent Spain at the 1992 Summer Paralympics in table tennis. He then switched sports to wheelchair basketball, making his national team debut in 1998. In 2012, he represented Spain in wheelchair basketball at the Paralympic Games in London where his team finished fifth.
Llambi was born on February 25, 1974 in Barcelona. He was hit by a car when he was 8 years old. The accident left him a paraplegic. He started participating in disability sport as a way to assist with rehabilitation. One of the first sports he participated in was swimming, with a Barcelona based swimming club.
In August 2012, Llambi attended a conference organised by Groupama Seguro in Madrid. The group was one of the main sponsors for the Spanish Paralympic Committee in the lead up to the 2012 Summer Paralympics. Alongside several other Paralympians, he presented on athlete preparations for the Games.
In 2011 in Nazareth, Poland, Llambi competed in the IWBF European Championships, where his team finished third. He competed in wheelchair basketball at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London. It was the first time the Spanish national team had qualified for the Paralympics in 16 years. The team, coached by Oscar Trigo, finished fifth. He was one of seven members of the 142 strong Spanish team that had also competed at the 1992 Games. With the national team, he won a bronze medal at the 2013 European Championships after defeating Sweden. In November 2013, he was awarded a €4,000 scholarship from the Madrid Olympic Foundation to support his efforts to qualify for the 2016 Summer Paralympics.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jaume Llambi.|
- "JJ.PP. Londres 2012 — Portal del Consejo Superior de Deportes" (in (Spanish)). Csd.gob.es. Retrieved 2013-11-22.
- "Lo Ăşltimo de lo Ăşltimo — Jaume LlambĂ Riera, jugador de la selecciĂłn espaĂąola de baloncesto nos habla de los obstĂĄculos diarios que encuentra en Madrid — Entrevistas y Reportajes" (in (Spanish)). Loultimodeloultimo.com. Retrieved 2013-11-22.
- "Francis Sánchez no estará en los Juegos de Londres" (in (Spanish)). BasketMe. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Cuatro deportistas paralímpicos acercan a los directivos de Groupama Seguros sus retos de cara a Londres 2012 - BSR — Esto es DxT" (in (Spanish)). Estoesdxt.es. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- La Opinión de A Coruña. "Siete españoles que estarán en Londres ya compitieron en Barcelona 92 - La Opinión A Coruña" (in (Spanish)). Laopinioncoruna.es. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Trabajada victoria de España ante Holanda" (in (Spanish)). MARCA.com. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- 25 de septiembre de 2011. 00:00h Redacción. Madrid. "Histórica medalla de bronce del equipo español de Baloncesto en Silla de Ruedas en el Campeonato de Europa — La Razón digital" (in (Spanish)). Larazon.es. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- (2007-08-02). "El diario de Alhaurín de la Torre" (in (Spanish)). diariolatorre.es. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Observatori Català de l'Esport OCE INEFC" (in (Spanish)). Observatoridelesport.cat. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "Histórico bronce de España con tres jerezanos en sus filas" (in (Spanish)). Diariodejerez.es. 2011-09-18. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Paralímpicos. Siete paralímpicos españoles que irán a londres 2012 ya estuvieron en barcelona’92 – Juegos paralímpicos – Noticias, última hora, vídeos y fotos de Juegos paralímpicos en lainformacion.com" (in (Spanish)). Noticias.lainformacion.com. 2012-08-18. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- Noticias EFE (2013-01-02). "Expedición española en Londres contará con siete deportistas de Barcelona'92.". Diariovasco.com. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- Madridiario (2012-08-28). "Londres se rinde a los paralímpicos — Madridiario" (in (Spanish)). Madridiario.es. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "CuestiСn de supervivencia — Superdeporte" (in (Spanish)). Superdeporte.es. 2012-08-29. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "España, bronce en el Europeo de baloncesto en silla de ruedas" (in (Spanish)). 20minutos.es. Retrieved 2013-11-25.
- "España comienza con victoria el Europeo de silla de ruedas de Alemania" (in (Spanish)). MARCA.com. Retrieved 2013-11-25.
- "Fundación Madrid Olímpico destina 200.000? para becar a 29 deportistas" (in (Spanish)). Spain: Mundodeportivo.com. November 27, 2013. Retrieved December 23, 2013.
- "Discapnet: Fin de semana complicado para el Cai Deporte Adaptado" (in (Spanish)). Discapnet.es. 2013-11-20. Retrieved 2013-11-26.