||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
جاو ید ملک
Javed Malik (Urdu: جاو ید ملک) is a Pakistani journalist, writer and television anchor. He is also lawyer and diplomat. He was appointed as Pakistan's Ambassador at Large by the prime minister of Pakistan after the restoration of democracy in Pakistan in 2008 when both Pakistan Peoples Party and Pakistan Muslim League N formed a coalition government. Malik's works focused on public diplomacy, and he was involved formation stages of Friends of Democratic Pakistan.  He completed his tenure after three years and stepped down in 2011. 
Malik was born in Pakistan. He studied in London where he graduated in law and politics. He practiced law in London and Pakistan. He worked at British Parliament where he discussed issues relating of Asian community particularly on integration of minority communities in mainstream British life.,
Malik is the publisher and editor in chief of UAE's first diplomatic magazine. "The International Diplomat' . and writes for international newspapers such as Khaleej Times (in UAE), and The News International, Pakistan.
As television anchor
Malik has been associated with print and television media for over ten years. He began his career in London with Prime TV, he later joined Pakistan's largest International Television Network ARY News. He is ranked among the pioneer anchors of independent television in Pakistan. His programme, "Insight with Javed Malik" remained one of the most watched television shows in Pakistan for many years. All major political leaders appeared on his show including presidents, ministers and opposition leaders. He was the first television journalist to interview prime minister Nawaz Sharif during his exile, and was the only television journalist to interview prime minister Benazir Bhutto numerous times during the last two months of her life. Other prime ministers who have appeared in his programme include, Zafarullah Jamali, Shaukat Aziz and Yousaf Raza Gillani. Current president Asif Zardari as well as former prime minister Yousaf Raza Gillani have both appeared on his show.
Former prime minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani appointed Javed Malik as Pakistan's Ambassador at Large with the status of a minister in 2008. He served on this position for a period of three years, and resigned in 2011.
In 2012, former prime minister of Pakistan and president of Pakistan Muslim League (N), Nawaz Sharif appointed Javed Malik as his special advisor on Foreign Relations & Overseas Pakistanis.
The World Forum
Malik is among the founding directors of the The World Forum which he co-founded along with Lord Nazir Ahmed of Rotherham in an effort to build bridges of understanding between the Muslim world and the West in the aftermath of 9/11. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum the Deputy Ruler of Dubai is the Royal Patron of the World Forum.
- "Ahlan enlists Javed Malik among 100 most influential UAE based Asians". APP. Associated Press of Pakistan. Jan 14. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Javed launches public diplomacy effort; British MPs delegation to attend International Democracy". Associated Press of Pakistan. APP. Dec 24. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- Abrar, Milan (Jan 4). "Friends of Pakistan from British Parliament to visit Pakistan next week: Javed Malik". APP. Associated Press of Pakistan. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Ambassador at Large Javed Malik meets President". Patkistan Times. October 3, 2012. ISSN 1729-7915. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Friends of Pakistan". Delegates from 22 Countries attend Friends of Pakistan Working Dinner by Ambassador Javed Malik. Urdumanzil. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Govt mulling legislation to allocate seats for Overseas Pakistanis in NA". Official Website – Sindh Governor House Pakistan. Feb 13, 2009. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Javed Malik profiles", Daily Pakistan.com, 2012, retrieved September 29, 2012
- "First session of Overseas Pakistanis Forum: Overseas Pakistanis extend full support to Pakistan's challenges". Daily Times. December 8, 2009. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- Mumtaz Hamid Rao, ed. (December 6). "Overseas Pakistanis Forum in Dubai on Dec 6". Pakistan Times. ISSN 1729-7915. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Javed Malik appointed as ambassador at large.". App.com.pk. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "FOREIGN MINISTER WILL BE KEYNOTE SPEAKER AT CONFERENCE". Mofa.Govt.Pakistan. 2008-10-16. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Friends of Pakistan meeting in Abu Dhabi today". Geo.TV. 2008-11-17. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Prime Minister to be Patron in Chief of Pakistan International Council". Associated Press of Pakistan APP. May 12. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "PM appreciates performance of Javed Malik". Associated Press of Pakistan. Jun 2. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Ready to tackle Pakistan expat turmoil". Gulf News. 2009-07-20. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Javed Malik Biography Journalist". Bihar Urdu Youth Forum, Bihar. 2009. Retrieved September 29, 2012.
- Ahmed, Ashfaq (July 20, 2009). "Ready to tackle Pakistan expat turmoil". Gulf News. com. Retrieved September 29, 2012.
- Malik, Javed (September 25, 2005). "Integration, Multiculturalism or Isolation? A British Muslim Perspective". International News Forum. Retrieved September 29, 2012.
- "The International Diplomat – The magazine for the diplomatic community in the United Arab Emirates UAE". Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- Mir Shabil-ur-Rahman, ed. (2011). "All stories/articles Javed Malik (15)". The News International. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Insight with Javed Malik 8th June 2009 1/4" (video). InsightJavedMalik. June 8, 2009. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Insight with Javed Malik 8th June 2009 4/4" (video). InsightJavedMalik. June 8, 2009. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman, ed. (January 10, 2012). "Nawaz appoints Javed Malik as special adviser". The News International. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Javed Malik designated as Advisor to Nawaz Sharif on International Relations". Pakistan Muslim League NPMLN Official. March 16, 2012. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Javed Malik calls on Nawaz Sharif". The News International. February 18, 2012. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- Ahmed, Ashfaq (June 6, 2012). "Former Pakistan PM wants to improve relations with US The president of the PML-N was in Dubai for business forum". Al Nisr Publishing LLC. Gulf News. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- Friends of Pakistan meeting
- Overseas Pakistanis Hold Meeting in Dubai
- Pakistan UAE Friendship Celebrated
- Ambassador Javed Malik organizes Pakistan National Day in Dubai
- Ambassador Javed Malik hosts FOCUS PAKISTAN Seminar
- Plans as Pakistan's Ambassador at Large
- Ambassador Javed Malik reaches out to Non Resident Pakistanis
- The Muslim World : Reflections on the Last Decade by Javed Malik
- Muslim World with Javed Malik