Márquez in 2009
|Full name||Javier Márquez Moreno|
|Date of birth||11 May 1986|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|2013–2014||→ Elche (loan)||29||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Barcelona, Catalonia, Márquez was a product of hometown RCD Espanyol's youth system. He was promoted to the first team for the 2009–10 season, making his La Liga debut on 19 September by playing 30 minutes at Deportivo de La Coruña for a 3–2 win, after coming on as a substitute for Ben Sahar. He quickly established himself in the first team and, on 20 December 2009, scored his first goal in a 2–0 home win against UD Almería; however, his campaign ended prematurely in March 2010, after he broke his leg in a match against Sevilla FC.
Márquez recovered fully for 2010–11, being an undisputed starter for the Mauricio Pochettino-led side while partnering another Espanyol youth graduate, Raúl Baena, in central midfield. However, after recovering from another injury, he was deemed surplus to requirements by the manager, and chose not to renew his contract.
In the 2012 summer Márquez joined RCD Mallorca, as Sergio Tejera moved in the opposite direction. He made his official debut precisely against his former side, starting and playing 54 minutes in a 2–1 home win.
- "Espanyol win at Depor". ESPN Soccernet. 19 September 2009. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Espanyol 2–0 Almeria". ESPN Star Sports. 21 December 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- "Espanyol midfielder Javi Marquez out for season after leg break". Goal.com. 21 March 2010. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- "Pochettino: "Javi Márquez es un jugador especial, le tengo muchísimo cariño"" [Pochettino: "Javi Márquez is a special player, i cherish him a lot"] (in Spanish). Marca. 28 March 2012. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Alerta Javi Márquez en el RCD Espanyol" [Javi Márquez alert in RCD Espanyol] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 13 June 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Hemed double guides Mallorca home". ESPN Soccernet. 18 August 2012. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Javi Márquez, rojiblanco para las próximas tres temporadas" [Javi Márquez, red-and-white for the next three seasons] (in Spanish). Granada C.F. 4 July 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2014.