|Full name||Francisco Javier Casquero Paredes|
|Date of birth||11 March 1976|
|Place of birth||Talavera de la Reina, Spain|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Current club||Sporting Gijón|
|1997||→ Cultural Leonesa (loan)||17||(1)|
|1999–2000||Atlético Madrid B||38||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 June 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Francisco Javier Casquero Paredes (born 11 March 1976) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Sporting de Gijón. He usually operates as a central midfielder, and possesses a tremendously powerful shot.
Sevilla / Santander
In the following season Casquero joined Sevilla FC in the same category and, with four goals in 38 games, helped the Andalusians achieve promotion after a one-year absence, making his La Liga debut on 26 August 2001 in a 1–2 home loss against FC Barcelona. He would score seven goals in his first top flight season.
Casquero went on to become one of Sevilla's most effective players, helping in the team's top level consolidation, with two sixth-places from 2003–05 (although he appeared scarcely in the second). After that he was deemed surplus to requirements and joined Racing de Santander, where he played one season and netted five top division goals.
Already a veteran, Casquero moved, in 2006–07, to Madrid's Getafe CF, quickly becoming an undisputed starter and being instrumental in the side's quarterfinal run in the UEFA Cup, with the midfielder netting in that stage against FC Bayern Munich in a 3–3 home draw (4–4 aggregate loss); in the 2007–08 season he appeared in a total of 50 official matches, scoring seven times.
On 21 April 2009, in the last minute of a 2–3 loss at Real Madrid, Casquero was involved in an incident with central defender Pepe (with the score then at 2–2): he was fouled in the area by the Portuguese, and then kicked twice while still on the ground after the penalty kick was awarded. He shot it awkwardly, and Gonzalo Higuaín scored in the next play for the final defeat.
Challenged by new signing Daniel Parejo in the following two seasons, Casquero still appeared in 59 games combined, netting six goals as Getafe consecutively managed to retain its top flight status. Aged 36, he was released by the club in July 2012.
On 24 July 2012, Casquero signed a one-year contract with UD Almería. He was released on the very last day of the following year's January transfer window, signing the following month with another side in division two, Sporting de Gijón.
- Getafe 3–3 Bayern Munich; ESPN Soccernet, 10 April 2008
- La salvajada de Pepe le dejará sin clásico (Pepe's savagery will leave him out of El Clásico); Marca, 21 April 2009 (Spanish)
- Higuaín caps late Madrid fightback; UEFA.com, 21 April 2009
- Casquero: "En Getafe he vivido los seis mejores años de mi carrera" (Casquero: "I had the best six years of my career in Getafe"); Marca, 6 July 2012 (Spanish)
- El Almería ficha a Javi Casquero (Almería signs Javi Casquero); Almería's official website, 24 July 2012 (Spanish)
- Casquero, nuevo jugador rojiblanco (Casquero, new rojiblanco player); Sporting's official website, 20 February 2013 (Spanish)