|Stable release||6.1.0 / December 22, 2013|
|Written in||Java C++|
|Size||480 KB (archived)|
Javolution is a real-time library aiming to make Java or Java-Like/C++ applications faster and more time predictable. Indeed, time-predictability can easily be ruined by the use of the standard library (lazy initialization, array resizing, etc.) which is not acceptable for safety-critical systems. The open source Javolution library addresses these concerns for the Java platform and native applications. It provides numerous high-performance classes and utilities useful to non real-time applications as well. Such as:
- Collections  classes, supporting custom views, closure-based iterations, map-reduce paradigm, parallel computing, etc.
- Worst-case execution time behavior documented using Realtime  Java annotations.
- Fractal structures  to maintain high-performance regardless of the size of the data.
- OSGi contexts  allowing cross cutting concerns (concurrency, logging, security, ...) to be addressed at run-time through OSGi published services without polluting the application code (Separation of concerns).
- Algorithmic parallel computing support with concurrent contexts and general-purpose computing on graphics processing units with compute context 
- Struct/Union  base classes for direct interfacing with native applications.
- Perfometer  utility class to measure worst-case execution time with high precision.
- XML Marshalling/unmarshalling facility  capable of direct serialization/deserialization of existing classes (no intermediate data structure required).
- StAX-like XML reader/writer  which does not require object creation (such as String) and consequently faster than standard StAX.
- Simple yet powerful configuration management  for your application.
Since version 6.0, Javolution makes it easy to port  any Java source code to C++ for Cross-platform native compilation. OSGi and JUnit have been ported and are included with the core C++ distribution.
- Fully Time Deterministic Java
- Collection Views
- Realtime Annotation
- Fractal Table
- OSGi Contexts
- Concurrent Contexts
- Compute Contexts
- Perfometer Utility
- XML Marshalling/unmarshalling Facility
- StAX-Like Readers/Writers
- Javolution Configuration Management
- Javolution C++ Overview
- Javolution Usage Overview