Javon Anthony Jackson (born June 16, 1965, Carthage, Missouri) is an American jazz tenor saxophonist. He played in Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers from 1987 until Blakey's death in 1990, and has also played with the Harper Brothers, Benny Green, Freddie Hubbard and Elvin Jones. In his solo career, his music has been a mix of hard bop with soul and funk influences. Javon Jackson was interviewed by Linus Wyrsch on "The Jazz Hole" for breakthruradio.com in May 2012 - Javon Jackson Interview by breakthruradio.com
- Me and Mister Jones (Criss Cross Jazz, 1992)
- Burnin´ (Criss Cross Jazz, 1991)
- When the Time Is Right (Blue Note, 1994)
- For One Who Knows(Blue Note,1995)
- A Look Within (Blue Note, 1996)
- Good People (Blue Note, 1997)
- Pleasant Valley (Blue Note, 1999)
- Easy Does it (Criss Cross Jazz, 2002)
- Have You Heard (Palmetto Records, 2004)
- Now (Palmetto Records, 2006)
- Once Upon a Melody (Palmetto Records, 2008)
- Celebrating John Coltrane (Solid Jackson Records, 2012)
With Art Blakey
With Elvin Jones
- ^ "Javon Jackson at All About Jazz". Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- ^ Yanow, Scott. "Javon Jackson Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 19 April 2010.
- ^ Miriello, Ralph A. "An interview with Javon Jackson". Jazz.com. Retrieved 19 April 2010.