Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College
|Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College, Sundernager|
Bringing innovation to lives
|Motto||उद्योग: सर्वार्थ साधकम|
Motto in English
|"Industrialization solves every thing"|
|Affiliation||Himachal Pradesh Technical University(HimTU)|
|Principal||Prof. Lalit Awasthi|
|Director||Sh Rajeshwar Goyal|
|Location||Sundernagar, Himachal Pradesh, India
|Campus||Rural, 2.6726 hectares|
Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College,Sundernagar (JNGEC or GEC, Sundernagar or J.N. Govt. Engg. College, Sundernagar) (Devanāgarī: जवाहरलाल नेहरू राजकीय अभियांत्रिकी महाविद्यालय) is a government-funded engineering institute run by the government of Himachal Pradesh, in Sundernagar, Mandi district. It is affiliated to Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HimTU) and is approved by AICTE(2006).
Its first batch graduated in June 2010. Under former chief minister Virbhadra Singh the establishment of JNGEC in 2006 was approved. It was initially proposed to start by only offering a mechanical engineering program for session 2006–2007 but later textile engineering was added. The construction of the college is going on in stages.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (October 2014)|
The campus is 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) away from NH-21 (Chandigarh to Manali) at village pungh which is 2 km from the Sundernagar bus stand. The campus is spread over 2.6726 hectare of land. The construction work of administrative ‘A’ block, academic block ‘B’ and ‘C’ was completed in 2012. The government has floated the tenders for Block ‘D’, and for block ‘E’ and boys hostel; tender will be floated later on after completion of the construction work of block A to D.
The college has six academic departments.
- Applied Sciences and Humanities
- Civil engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- computer science engineering
The college offers a B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering and Textile Engineering and in Computer science engineering. More branches are purposed to be added in phases.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014)|
Undergraduate admissions are made on the marks and ranks obtained by the candidates in JEE MAIN through central counseling, which is conducted by the competency authority, i.e., Sundernagar. 85% of total seats are reserved for Himachal bona fide candidates and 15% to all-India quota.
The college admits 300 students with 60 students in each department. In addition to that 10% seats in each department are allotted to lateral entry students and 5% over and above the sanctioned intake under the tuition fee waiver scheme.
There are two rounds of subsequent counseling. If the seats still fall vacant after the two rounds, they are filled on the basis of marks obtained in 10+2 or any equivalent examination, according to the 200 marks roster as approved by the Himachal Pradesh government. Lateral entry seats are filled on merit and candidates with a diploma in requisite field or an BS degree are eligible for these seats.
Twask is the annual technical cum cultural fest of JNGC Sundernagar. It is a three-day long event held towards the start of May. Started in 2012 by bunch of enthusiast JNGCians. IT is the most anticipated event of the college, organized at the state level. The festival is a forum for young minds to interact, share and discuss the latest developments in the field of Technology and showcase their new innovative ideas.
Clubs and Committees
The college has following Clubs and Committees.
- "Cabinet Decisions". The tribune. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- "Department of Information & Public Relations, Himachal Pradesh". Himachalpr.gov.in. 2010-02-01. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- Himachal Pradesh cabinet on 22, April 2006
- HP budget 2006
- ":: Department of Information & Public Relations, Himachal Pradesh ::" (Press release). Himachalpr.gov.in. 2010-02-01. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India – Himachal Pradesh Edition". Tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- Director Technical Education Himachal Pradesh
- ":: Welcome to Directorate of Technical Education Himachal Pradesh ::". Techeduhp.com. 2010-03-17. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- www.himtu.ac.in. HIMACHAL PRADESH TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY http://www.himtu.ac.in/pdf/Engineering-Prospectus-03062014.pdf. Retrieved 30 December 2014. Missing or empty
- Twask-2012 Published on friday 11, 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College,Sundernager.|