Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada|
|Motto||Yogah Karmasu Koushalam|
|Established||16 July 1946|
|Type||Education & Research Institution|
|Location||Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Campus||Urban, 0.4451545 Sq.Km|
It was established on 16 July 1946 as the College of Engineering, Vizagapatnam, in Visakhapatnam, by the then government of composite Madras state. It was later named the Government College of Engineering, Kakinada. After being initially affiliated to the University of Madras and later to the Andhra University, it became a constituent college of the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University in 1972, through The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Act, 1972 and was renamed JNTU College of Engineering, Kakinada. In 2008 it had received autonomous status by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological Universities Act, 2008.
- Department of Atomic Physics
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Geological Engineering
- Department of IT & Software Engineering
- Department of Transportation Engineering
- Department of Petrochemical Engineering
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
- Department of Marine & Coastal Engineering
- Department of Nano Science & Engineering
- Department of Naval Science & Technology
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Bioinformatics
- Master of Computer Applications
- Master of Business Administration(MBA)
- Department of Pharmacy
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University College of Engineering Vizianagaram 
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University College of Engineering Vizianagaram is a constituent college of the university. It was established in 2007, about 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) from Vizianagaram, on a hillock over a sprawling area of 90 acres (36 ha) along the Vizianagaram–Gajapathinagaram road.
The university offers four year B.Tech regular programs in several branches of engineering. Admission is based on EAMCET examination. The university also offers four year B.Tech part-time programs. The admission is based on Engineering Common Entrance Test (ECET).
For postgraduate students, the university offers various M.Tech courses. The intake for these courses is on the basis of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering examination for non-sponsored and entrance test conducted by the university for sponsored and self-supporting candidates.
JNTUK 5-YEAR INTERNATIONAL INTEGRATED MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAM (IIMDP) (B.Tech. by JNTUK, Kakinada and MSc/MS (Engineering) by BTH, Sweden/AIT, Bangkok) STUDY IN INDIA AND BTH, SWEDEN/AIT, BANGKOK B.TECH. + MS IN 5 YEARS 1. IIMDP in Cooperation with Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), Sweden, an exclusive Technical University established by Govt. of Sweden. 01. B.Tech. (Electronics & Communications Engineering) & M.Sc. (Telecommunication Systems / Signal Processing) - studies at JNTUK & BTH, Sweden 02. B.Tech. (Computer Science Engineering) & M.Sc. (Computer Science / Software Engineering)- studies at JNTUK & BTH, Sweden 2. IIMDP in Cooperation with Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, an International University, located in Thailand. 01. B.Tech. (Civil Engineering) & M.S. (Construction Engg. & Management / RS & GIS /Environmental Engineering & Management) - studies at JNTUK & AIT.
- "The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Act, 1972" (DOC). Retrieved 16 June 2011.[dead link]
- "Applications of RS and GIS for Disaster Management" (PDF). Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- "JNTU Vizianagaram :: College of Engineering". viz.jntuk.edu.in. Retrieved 14 September 2011.