|This biographical article relies on references to primary sources. (January 2008)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (January 2008)|
|Also known as||Shuffle Inc., Moulton Manglers, Your Friends from Moulton Studios|
|Born||1969 (age 44–45)|
|Origin||New Jersey, United States|
|Genres||Funky house, deep house|
|Occupations||Disc jockey, producer|
Jay-J is a house DJ and producer from San Francisco. He has released over 120 recordings since his 1995 debut. From his Moulton Studios he has collaborated with producers and DJs including Kaskade, Miguel Migs, Marques Wyatt, Halo, Julius Papp, Mark Grant and Chris Lum.
Jay-J has toured the world, performing at La Terraza (Spain), Pacha (Ibiza), Zouk (Singapore) and Ministry of Sound (United Kingdom). Last year, Jay-J performed live at the 2006 MTV Australia Video Music Awards, on both the Red Carpet and during the Awards Show.
In 2008, Jay-J was selected as one of 8 musical artists (which included Tiesto, Benny Benassi, Kaskade, Jes, Serge Devant, Lucas Prata & Cezar) for Coca Cola's WE8 project for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Each musical artist was provided with a theme and using music as their form of expression, created a song that expanded on their inspiration drawn from the theme.
Jay-J has also released numerous compilations including his latest, “Re:Souled | The Shifted Music Remix Collection” (CSR) as well as co-producing Latrice’s debut artist album, “Illuminate” (Ultra), with Kaskade. 2007 kicked off with the release of Jay-J & Friends Volumes 1-3; the complete collection of re-mastered tracks from his Moulton Studio Recordings and Multitracked catalogues as well as select classic productions from the past 15 years.
"Live From..." captures Jay-J’s sets directly from dance floors across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Australia. It currently broadcast on over 50 channels via radio, satellite and Internet; "Live From..." showcases what tastemakers are listening to at nightclubs.
- Love Alive (2009)
- Re:Souled | The Shifted Music Remix Collection Vol. 2 (2009)
- Re:Souled | The Shifted Music Remix Collection (2006)
- Illuminate (2006)
- Connected (2005)
- Loveslapped Vol. 3 (2004)
- Defected In The House (2003)
- Reflections (Distance, 2001)
- Jay-J Does Tilted Housework Vol. 1 (2000)
- Joss Stone- Tell Me 'Bout It (2007)
- Airpushers feat Lamont Dozier - Hold The Onionz (2007)
- Mary J Bliige - Everything (2007)
- Jill Scott - He Loves Me (2003) - Grammy nomination for Best Re-mixer.
- Lil' Kim - The Jump Off (2003)
- Donnie McClurkin - Get Back (2001)
- David Gray - Babble On (2001)
- Koffee Brown - Where Da Party At (2001)
- IMO Records. http://www.imorecords.co.uk/house-2/house-artists/jay-biography/ "Jay J Biography", IMO Records' Retrieved on 08 March 2011.