|Member of the Pennsylvania Senate
from the 43rd district
May 13, 1996
|Preceded by||Michael Dawida|
of the Pennsylvania Senate
January 4, 2011
|Preceded by||Bob Mellow|
|Allegheny County Register of Wills|
January 6, 1992 – May 13, 1996
|Preceded by||Rita Wilson Kane|
|Succeeded by||Marty Madigan (Acting)[a]|
November 17, 1957 |
|Alma mater||Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Duquesne University|
|a.^ Madigan served as Acting Register of Wills until David Wecht was elected as Costa's permanent successor in 1997.|
Jay Costa is a Democratic member of the Pennsylvania State Senate who has represented the 43rd District since 1996. He is a member of the Costa political family in Pittsburgh. On November 17, 2010, Senate Democrats elected Costa as their new floor leader, succeeding the retiring Bob Mellow.
- Cox, Harold (2004). "Pennsylvania Senate - 1995-1996". Wilkes University Election Statistics Project. Wilkes University.
- Fischione Donovan, Sandra (May 21, 1997). "County races decided". The Allegheny Times. Retrieved January 7, 2012.
- Bumsted, Brad (November 18, 2010). "Pennsylvania political power shifts west". The Pittsburgh Tribune. Retrieved November 18, 2010.
Media related to Jay Costa at Wikimedia Commons
- Senator Costa official caucus website
- Pennsylvania State Senate - Jay Costa official PA Senate website
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money - Jay Costa
|This article about a member of the Pennsylvania State Senate is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|